Hello 9900 users,
    Is there any solution to make notification sound lower? I mean the sound when I check the balance.
    It is too loud.
    My previous device (BB9780) sound was good enough.
    Thank you.
    08-06-12 01:22 AM
    Hit the little speaker icon on the top right of the banner. Select 'change sounds and alerts' and sounds for selected profiles. You can adjust the volume there.
    08-06-12 01:57 AM
    Hit the little speaker icon on the top right of the banner. Select 'change sounds and alerts' and sounds for selected profiles. You can adjust the volume there.
    Thank you.
    But this tip does not change it.
    The sound which comes after you check you balance is not specified in the Profiles.
    08-06-12 02:01 AM
    After going into 'Sound for Selected Profiles' you should be able to change the volume of the sound(s) being played.

Unless I misunderstood what you originally meant.
    08-06-12 02:13 AM
    After going into 'Sound for Selected Profiles' you should be able to change the volume of the sound(s) being played.

When you check your balance and after the message pop-up, there is sound which is very loud. So, I'd like to know if this sound can be adjusted. Sorry for puzzling you.
    08-06-12 02:19 AM

Try to go to the 'Sound for Selected Profiles' you should be able to adjust the voume. 1 being the lowest and 10 highest, respectively. Just go under phone for the ringer, and messages to adjust other tones, and so forth.
    08-06-12 02:53 AM
    Try to go to the 'Sound for Selected Profiles' you should be able to adjust the voume. 1 being the lowest and 10 highest, respectively. Just go under phone for the ringer, and messages to adjust other tones, and so forth.
    Sorry, I checked all volumes for rings, messages, instant messages, events and other application notifiers. There is nothing to do there with sound which comes after you check your balance.
    08-06-12 03:13 AM
    as far as i know, the sound notification for balance can't be changed.
    08-06-12 04:36 AM
    I am not quite sure what you are referring to (different networks use different terms), but you could try going to Options / Accessibility / Event Sounds - Off.
    08-06-12 05:31 AM
    He's talking about USSD commands (like *100#). This nasty bug is known since long time ago. And so far the only way to avoid the deafening sound is to temporarily switch to silent mode before checking your balance. At least that's what I do.

I'm more puzzled by the reason why RIM still hasn't fixed it.
    08-06-12 05:35 AM
    I am not quite sure what you are referring to (different networks use different terms), but you could try going to Options / Accessibility / Event Sounds - Off.
    Thank you.
    My "event sound" option is currently OFF.
    So, I think, there's no way to make this sound lower.
    08-06-12 05:35 AM
    He's talking about USSD commands (like *100#). This nasty bug is known since long time ago. And so far the only way to avoid the deafening sound is to temporarily switch to silent mode before checking your balance. At least that's what I do.

I'm more puzzled by the reason why RIM still hasn't fixed it.
    Bingo! That's really what I'm talking about.
    So, then it is definitely no way.
    I've known this problem since 9900 new release, but thought some tricks already found to change the volume.
    Anyway, thanks.
    08-06-12 05:40 AM
    The notification is just too loud and I wish that alert could be turned off or at least has options to adjust volume
    I silent the phone profile to check my account balance.
    Very annoying
    08-06-12 09:49 AM
    As far as I know from previous threads the only way to eliminate the sound is to sign a 2 year contract.
    08-06-12 07:50 PM
    As far as I know from previous threads the only way to eliminate the sound is to sign a 2 year contract.
    Looooool

Have the same problem with the low battery sound, annoying.
    08-06-12 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD