Hello all, yesterday I was affected by the outage for a short period of time. My internet service is back, however I am still not receiving e-mails. I have my Gmail account linked to my 9930 device. Are there still issues or another reason why this problem is continuing? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 02:22 PM
    Hello all, yesterday I was affected by the outage for a short period of time. My internet service is back, however I am still not receiving e-mails. I have my Gmail account linked to my 9930 device. Are there still issues or another reason why this problem is continuing? Thanks!

I'm not getting them either. I went to the BIS website and deleted/re-added my Gmail account, but still not working.

I did get the standard "you'll start receiving messages within 20 minutes" too.
    Last edited by ibcop; 10-13-11 at 02:29 PM.
    10-13-11 02:25 PM
    Try a battery pull. In the past when there was an outage and then restored, sometimes a pull was enough to get them started again
    10-13-11 02:53 PM
    I switched back to my Yahoo/Rogers email because I have had so many delays with gmail
    10-13-11 02:53 PM
    Wonder why people are having so many issues with Gmail. I lost email for about 12 hours here in the Boston area. When it came back I resent my service books for good measure and all my accounts including Gmail have been working fine.
    10-13-11 02:58 PM
    Could be on Google's end. When BIS came back online, there were no doubt floods of BIS servers attempting to log into multiple gmail accounts at the same time. If the BIS nodes changed their ip address, Google may have been protecting itself against an unknown network.
    10-13-11 10:10 PM
    My 9900 is receiving Hotmail and Gmail, no prob at all.

My advice: Try resending service book.
    10-13-11 10:33 PM
    Also try re-registering your Host Routing Table. Under Advanced settings.

10-13-11 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD