Not sure if I should post this in this forum, or the Tmobile forums.

I have a Tmobile 9900 and I have been noticing that I don't receive all of my texts. This includes texts sent from other Tmobile users, so I don't think it is an outage. I have friends that see me and say "hey I texted you the other day", but my phone never gets said texts. My sms works fine, so it isnt like the antenna is bad or anything. I register it under host routing table whenever I hear someone tell me that, just in an effort to possibly fix the issue, and I do a battery pull at least once a day.

Anyone experience this?
    05-01-12 04:39 PM
    Are your friends using iPhones? Did you ever have an iPhone? I have read about sms messages getting routed to iMessage if the recipient has an Apple account associated with the cell number and an Apple device.
    05-01-12 08:27 PM
    no... no iphone has been involved on my part. yes, some of them have iphones. but, they receive my texts... so i dont think imessage would affevt their outgoing texts. also, some of the people whos texts im missing have blackberries and androids.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 05:48 AM
    A sms will time out or fail to send if the recipient's phone is off or in an area with no service. If this is not the problem, try calling your carrier.

My wife had an intermittent problem sending sms messages on her iPhone and the only solution was a wipe of the phone and not restoring from a backup. In that case sometimes her sms want out without the area code even though the contact had the full phone number, including area code. It took a higher level of support at the carrier to find this. They had to trace the sms right at their cell switch to find why it was not working and noticed the problematic ones were missing area codes. It even happened when she was replying to a sms that she received.
    05-02-12 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD