In setting, I can see below options

3G/H+
    2G
    3G/H+ & 2G

I have selected first option. But I never get H+ speeds and always get 3G speeds.

What could be the problem

I have used my phone in different locations so far, but I have never seen H+ icon.

I'm from India and using Airtel BIS network
    01-02-17 02:43 AM
    It's gotta be the puppy chow!!

There's just a very good chance the signal doesn't reach your area.
    My passport is LTE 4G (AT&T) I can only pick up 4G in certain parts of town.

Did you talk to your carrier? See what they have to say!!
    01-02-17 03:16 AM
    In setting, I can see below options

3G/H+
    2G
    3G/H+ & 2G

I have selected first option. But I never get H+ speeds and always get 3G speeds.

What could be the problem

I have used my phone in different locations so far, but I have never seen H+ icon.

I'm from India and using Airtel BIS network
    As far as I know from my own experience, 3G or H+ it depends from the carrier. I most cases, 3G=H+ only some carriers uses H+ and other uses 3G. So in my opinion you don't have to worry about it. Let's take my case as an example. On my Bold 9900 I have 3G signal, but when I put my simcard to the BlackBerry Z30 I have H+ signal. And it doesn't mean that my Bold is brocken.

Similar situation is in case of 4G and LTE. It should be the same, but some carriers calls their H+ as an 4G. This is stupid marketing idea.
    01-02-17 05:06 AM
    As far as I know from my own experience, 3G or H+ it depends from the carrier. I most cases, 3G=H+ only some carriers uses H+ and other uses 3G. So in my opinion you don't have to worry about it. Let's take my case as an example. On my Bold 9900 I have 3G signal, but when I put my simcard to the BlackBerry Z30 I have H+ signal. And it doesn't mean that my Bold is brocken.

Similar situation is in case of 4G and LTE. It should be the same, but some carriers calls their H+ as an 4G. This is stupid marketing idea.
    Thanks, how can I confirm if I'm getting h+ speeds?

Is there any app using that I can test speeds? Any way? I feel I'm not getting h+ speeds
    01-02-17 06:43 AM
    It's gotta be the puppy chow!!

There's just a very good chance the signal doesn't reach your area.
    My passport is LTE 4G (AT&T) I can only pick up 4G in certain parts of town.

Did you talk to your carrier? See what they have to say!!
    Yes, spoken to them. They opened a service request and told me issue will be resolved in 3 days
    01-02-17 06:44 AM
    Thanks, how can I confirm if I'm getting h+ speeds?

Is there any app using that I can test speeds? Any way? I feel I'm not getting h+ speeds
    You can view the web page www.fast com a you will receive +/- info about speed of your connection. Check via 9900 browser and compare to another phone.

But remember. You will always get a slower connection via BlackBerry using BIS because there is a compression(comparing to other phones using Android/WindowsPhone or iPhone) due to fact the connection goes via BlackBerry servers - this is the reason also, why using BlackBerry OS 7 you won't spend too much data plan compared to traditional smartphones.
    01-02-17 11:20 AM
    You can view the web page www.fast com a you will receive +/- info about speed of your connection. Check via 9900 browser and compare to another phone.

But remember. You will always get a slower connection via BlackBerry using BIS because there is a compression(comparing to other phones using Android/WindowsPhone or iPhone) due to fact the connection goes via BlackBerry servers - this is the reason also, why using BlackBerry OS 7 you won't spend too much data plan compared to traditional smartphones.
    I'm getting 75 Kbps
    01-02-17 01:23 PM
    I'm getting 75 Kbps
    Hmmm, in my opinion it is not good. Even on week signal I get 1Mbit/s and I suppose the in India it should be so bad. Maybe you should compare frequencies your Bold 9900 with frequencies of you Carrier. I mean, you know from other thread based on USA as an example that there might be different versions of Bold, for example, again USA - for T-Mobile 9900 won't get 3G on AT&T and the same for AT&T Bold 9900 won't get 3G at T-mobile.

Check it. I hope so, that I wrote it quite clear. as I'm not an English Guy.
    01-02-17 03:11 PM
    Hmmm, in my opinion it is not good. Even on week signal I get 1Mbit/s and I suppose the in India it should be so bad. Maybe you should compare frequencies your Bold 9900 with frequencies of you Carrier. I mean, you know from other thread based on USA as an example that there might be different versions of Bold, for example, again USA - for T-Mobile 9900 won't get 3G on AT&T and the same for AT&T Bold 9900 won't get 3G at T-mobile.

Not getting H+ Speeds on 9900-s17_01_02__22_23_11.jpeg
    Check and compare. Frequency bands 3G

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airtel_India
    Attached Thumbnails Not getting H+ Speeds on 9900-s17_01_02__22_22_49.jpeg  
    Last edited by Michniks; 01-02-17 at 03:44 PM.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-02-17 03:31 PM
    I'm on Mobile Network Preferred setting and "H+,3G and 2G and I always have the H+ symbol. I guess I am lucky with Rogers.

But this is odd, I went to check these settings and under Mobile Network is says "BELL." My sim is not in the 9900 right now but this is a Rogers phone originally so no idea why it says Bell

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 01-02-17 at 06:40 PM.
    01-02-17 06:17 PM

In my mobile, I can see below

3G/H+ Bands: 1,2,5,6
    01-02-17 11:48 PM
    Originally Posted by Michniks

Not English?? I would have never guessed!!
    Here's an excellent speed test site!

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    01-03-17 12:13 AM
    Will it work in bb7 phone?

Originally Posted by Michnikshttp://forums.crackberry.com/images/...post-right.png
    Check it. I hope so, that I wrote it quite clear. https://forums.crackberry.com/images...erry/smile.png as I'm not an English Guy. https://forums.crackberry.com/images...ry/biggrin.png

Not English?? I would have never guessed!!
    Here's an excellent speed test site!

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-03-17 08:08 AM
    I'm on Mobile Network Preferred setting and "H+,3G and 2G and I always have the H+ symbol. I guess I am lucky with Rogers.

But this is odd, I went to check these settings and under Mobile Network is says "BELL." My sim is not in the 9900 right now but this is a Rogers phone originally so no idea why it says Bell

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    My first thought would be that your sim is schizophrenic. It thinks its Roger but wants to be Bell and it's fighting it self in the H+ display room.
    That would explain a lot!!
    01-04-17 04:46 AM
    Will it work in bb7 phone?
    Actually, the question is, will your BB7 phone work in the speed test!

It's not a download. it runs right on the web site. It's one of the best and has been around for longer than i can remember.
    ( but then, i can't remember what I had for breakfast.)

It's harmless. give it a go. it WILL work just fine on BB7.

That's not to say it'll work on YOUR BB7 device. Better do a disclaimer.
    You do this at your own risk and Blah Blah Blah and so on and so forth!

All right! You are cleared for takeoff!!
    01-04-17 04:58 AM
    If u r using bb 9900, can u access fast.com in browser using mobile net (not wifi) and let me know the speed. If possible, post screenshot

This will help me to compare speeds

Thanks
    01-04-17 07:22 AM
    5.5 Mbps.. But I'm on WiFi at work.
    01-04-17 11:47 AM
    Turned off WiFi. Now getting 2..1 Mbps on 3G AT&T US.
    01-04-17 11:49 AM
    Thanks, if possible can u post screenshot pls
    01-04-17 11:16 PM
    5.5 Mbps.. But I'm on WiFi at work.
    How did u test..did u use 9900 browser?
    Last edited by babugaru1; 01-05-17 at 06:44 AM.
    01-04-17 11:16 PM
    Why worry about the speed?! It's a Bold 9900 running OS7 with arguably the best physical keyboard ever produced. Enjoy the device for what it is – a communication workhorse.
    The 9900 is never going to win any prizes in the speed stakes. Other than when on WiFi, it's performance will be largely governed by the constraints of your network provider and the variations in coverage that they provide.
    01-05-17 05:13 AM
    I have 9790 before I buy 9900. I bought this just for a reason it supports h+ speeds.

But speed is same on both the phones. It disappointed me a lot

Why worry about the speed?! It's a Bold 9900 running OS7 with arguably the best physical keyboard ever produced. Enjoy the device for what it is – a communication workhorse.
    The 9900 is never going to win any prizes in the speed stakes. Other than when on WiFi, it's performance will be largely governed by the constraints of your network provider and the variations in coverage that they provide.
    01-05-17 06:10 AM
    In my opinion there might be 2 reasons of your slow connection.
    1st - different frequencies bands of your phones vs your carrier bands
    2st - this is the limit on you BIS connection from your carrier
    01-05-17 07:56 AM
    I will check on first one

For second one, I have deactivated BIS plan and activated normal plan. And using browser through hacked service books. I'm still getting 80Kbps

In my opinion there might be 2 reasons of your slow connection.
    1st - different frequencies bands of your phones vs your carrier bands
    2st - this is the limit on you BIS connection from your carrier
    01-05-17 08:12 AM
    I think airtel support h+ at 2100 MHz and my phone supports that frequency
    01-05-17 08:19 AM
33 12