I have a 9930 from verizon with the latest os. I have a total of about 5 simple apps installed.

Does anyone else feel like the 9900/9930 is not as snappy as you had expected. With this processor, I was expecting it to be a bit quicker. Example, google maps takes a few seconds for searches and map loading compared to an old android galaxy s.
    12-18-11 08:40 PM
    Google Maps is an antiquated app for BlackBerry, and native to Android. Its not the phone, its the app.

BlackBerry Traffic is as snappy as can be.
    JR A likes this.
    12-18-11 08:50 PM
    Google Maps is an antiquated app for BlackBerry, and native to Android. Its not the phone, its the app.

BlackBerry Traffic is as snappy as can be.

Agreed, gmaps is slow and a garbage app, compared to Bing. There's a recent updated version of Bing too, and the map loading is way snappier.

in general, my 9930 WILL slow down, and only gets snappier after a battery pull/reboot.
    12-18-11 09:00 PM
    I do a battery pull every morning when I wake up and start the day.

Also, other apps like telenav and facebook are a little slow too. Apps like browser aren't that much faster than my 9700. Yes faster, but not extremely faster.
    12-18-11 09:38 PM
    wow... I did my first batt pull on my 9900 last week, after 3 months. Still on the shipped OS cause I am a mac user so can't update non carrier OS. Batt pulls everyday is OCD my friend.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-18-11 09:49 PM
    My 9900 is very quick. I have no complaints at all in that area. I'm actually loving it almost four months after the purchase.
    12-18-11 10:06 PM
    @ OP, how fast would you say it compare to like the bold 9700?
    12-18-11 11:11 PM
    I agree, i was expecting something a lil bit faster.
    But of course after 9700 OS6 this is heaven!
    12-18-11 11:29 PM
    Works great for me on .585. Google maps does seem to lag a lot though...
    12-18-11 11:57 PM
    wow... I did my first batt pull on my 9900 last week, after 3 months. Still on the shipped OS cause I am a mac user so can't update non carrier OS. Batt pulls everyday is OCD my friend.
    Do you keep your mac on for 3 months at a time?
    If so, that's something worse than OCD. It's like driving a Ferrari on low grade gasoline!
    I swap batteries pretty much twice a day and my Bold is flying.
    Last edited by etul; 12-19-11 at 02:45 AM.
    12-19-11 02:42 AM
    With a 1.2Ghz processor, I was expecting almost instantaneous response when clicking on message, calendar, facebook, google maps, standard app or not....

The delay is not long, perhaps 1/2-1 second. Considering how simple the graphics are on this phone and how simple some of these apps are, like message or calendar, I don't see why it wouldn't be instantaneously fast. Compared to other operating systems like the iphone where it's able to render full on graphics in a racing game and the accelerorometer enabled to activate the turning in these games, opening message applications or google maps should be a walk in the park...

compared to my 9700, opening of the messages folder, text messages, calendar doesn't seem that much faster. Google maps, updating apps, browser seems to be a little faster, but then again, not by much...

Don't even get me started on reboot time...
    12-19-11 04:17 AM
    classic statement...
    its a mac, theres an 'app' for that... i'm a mac user and have bootcamp for my windows.
    12-19-11 05:10 AM
    Batt pulls everyday is OCD my friend.
    +1 the only time I reboot is to update or delete an app.

My 9900 is very quick. I have no complaints at all in that area. I'm actually loving it almost four months after the purchase.
    Same here, my 9930 is even better now that it's running 7.1.
    12-19-11 07:45 AM
    I have both 9900 and samsung galay note(which is dual core)9900 is very snappy with a 1.2 ghz and only single core
    12-19-11 07:51 AM
    Have you tried the phone on a fast wifi connection to see if it is perhaps a delay in the internet connection that is slowing things down?
    12-19-11 08:53 AM
    Yea I think they stopped updating Google Maps unfortunately. I don't use it anymore and sticking with BB Traffic for now.

Anyways, I find my 9900 extremely fast and I love it
    12-19-11 10:20 AM
    With a 1.2Ghz processor, I was expecting almost instantaneous response when clicking on message, calendar, facebook, google maps, standard app or not....

The delay is not long, perhaps 1/2-1 second. Considering how simple the graphics are on this phone and how simple some of these apps are, like message or calendar, I don't see why it wouldn't be instantaneously fast. Compared to other operating systems like the iphone where it's able to render full on graphics in a racing game and the accelerorometer enabled to activate the turning in these games, opening message applications or google maps should be a walk in the park...

compared to my 9700, opening of the messages folder, text messages, calendar doesn't seem that much faster. Google maps, updating apps, browser seems to be a little faster, but then again, not by much...

Don't even get me started on reboot time...
    hows the reboot time on the 9900?
    12-19-11 08:10 PM
    It kinda does suck we Mac users don't have full access to the phone, huh? I uninstalled BB Maps and cannot get it re-installed on my 9930. I know it sucks but I would like it back . Oh well. I still like Mac/BB combo though along w the PB of course.
    12-19-11 08:16 PM
    Since the update from sprint, my 9930 has picked up speed and runs smooth.
    12-19-11 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD