please i need some help

i recently bought a blackberry bold 9900 but since i got it..i had a very bad bug

whenever i get a comment, post, message on the facebook i get no notifications ! i have to go inside the app and refresh it so i get the new notifications ...same thing in twitter !

and yes um sure um enabling the notifications ..and the messages thing ...i re-installed the apps and i got nothing !!

i even re-installed the os again !! and yes um on a data plan and i pay for it monthly !

i contacted my service provider and they sent me the service book twice..and i have the same proplem !

ally my friends bb's are working and my sister's also..this is getting on my nerves ...
    please help
    03-17-12 07:41 AM
    most of your answer lies in updating/ reinstalling clean new OS.
    Os7.1 perhaps...
    03-17-12 08:02 AM
    without restoring any backups ?
    03-17-12 08:14 AM
    infinus is right... ALL the bugs, not just most of them, that I used to have on the stock Telus OS went away after updating to OS 7.1. Sure there are few bugs in OS 7.1 too, but they are mostly limited to new features like DLNA.
    03-17-12 08:14 AM
    without restoring any backups ?
    No you can do a selective restoration from a back up. I would back up your BBM contacts, and messages. DO NOT restore settings such as user settings or email configuration from a back up. Just the data such as SMS messages are OK.

I ran in to issues with complete restoration of settings. Leave the settings out of the back up/restore.
    03-17-12 08:17 AM
    ok i will do that...will i go with the official os ? or a leaked one
    03-17-12 08:23 AM
    ok i will do that...will i go with the official os ? or a leaked one
    9900 - 7.1.0.284 - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums
    03-17-12 08:29 AM
    thanks so much for ur help
    03-17-12 08:45 AM
    guys...the fresh install didn't work :S um going crazy...
    i tried turning social feeds app notifications on and it's working...
    but the facebook ..facebook messenger and twitter no !
    03-17-12 08:15 PM
    guys...the fresh install didn't work :S um going crazy...
    i tried turning social feeds app notifications on and it's working...
    but the facebook ..facebook messenger and twitter no !
    Did you check the notification options under the each app? Make sure they are enabled because this sounds like an OS issue not a hardware issue.
    03-17-12 08:39 PM
    yeah and i know every thing is right because i get a notification every once and a while
    but not all the notification ..between 30 i get 2 !

i will try installing another os maybe ?
    03-17-12 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD