ok, i have bb bold 9900 roger i got it unlocked from craglist now im using it for fido and i dont have the option to use hotspot its updated to the latest version does it have to do something with the service book or something that i can get by getting putting my frinds rogers sim to make it work???
    03-08-12 10:20 PM
    Some BIS plans with Telus, Rogers and Bell supports wifi hotspot. Make sure that your BIS plan inclues wifi hotspot.

I have it on my Telus one because my plan inclues it.
    03-08-12 10:25 PM
    You need to install 7.1 OS. I'm with Rogers and i know they don't have 7.1 yet, so i had to install a leaked version.

Also with Rogers, you need at least 1gb of data in your plan in order to use the hotspot or tether.

Since Fido is owned by Rogers, im assuming the same conditions apply.
    03-08-12 11:43 PM
    When I first bought my phone it included the hotspot, but after that I changed it with the same mobile , the mobile they gave me didn't includ the hotspot is that a big deal .........because I am a begginer
    12-04-12 03:00 PM
    When I first bought my phone it included the hotspot, but after that I changed it with the same mobile , the mobile they gave me didn't includ the hotspot is that a big deal .........because I am a begginer
    Which firmware does your replacement phone run? OS7 (the original OS version the 99X0 shipped with) simply doesn't have the hotspot feature. Only OS version 7.1 comes with it. So you should first make sure your phone is on OS 7.1.
    12-04-12 03:42 PM
    First of all, your carrier needs to support this as they can have it disabled. Even if you have the option, you won't be able to switch it on if it's not supported. Secondly, to get the hotspot option, you need OS7.1.
    12-04-12 09:57 PM
    i am having a problem with mine as well i am with rogers and have 6 gig of data but i hook up and then a few seconds later i get booted off with my playbook i phoned rogers they say there is nothing wrong in their end and also tell me its a hardware issue i don't know about that, i know the wifi sucks on these phones so maybe that's the problem with yours as well, unless someone here has a solution to this problem i personally think these phones are absolutly garbage with the wifi....later
    12-05-12 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD