Today I lost my Classic (still might get it back, fingers crossed) so I took a T-Mobile 9900 I never used to a store and got a SIM. The csr was knowledgeable and very familiar with blackberries (which never happened at Sprint). Everything was great until I came home. I've got wfc! But it only works outside where I have cell signal, which defeats the purpose.

Our house is like Ft Knox. When we switched to T-Mobile from Sprint last week, we got a repeater, but it's only repeating one thing which I assume the 9900 doesn't have. I don't get BIS over wifi at all. I don't know much about GSM blackberries. I tried a factory reset, and taking the SIM out for awhile.

I need a working device at home. I was even thinking of dual device with the Classic.

Does a T-Mobile blackberry need a BIS plan? Is there something specific I should see on my account for it?
    08-25-15 10:33 PM
    You used to need BlackBerry data for BIS access on any blackberry. It will not work over wifi. You can however activate on a BES server with BIS/data if you used the app or USB to activate. Check with your carrier tmobile to see if they still offer BIS - I'm sure they do.

Typed from my AT&T passport
    08-25-15 10:38 PM
    Do you mean that you don't have email? Which part of BIS do you not have on wifi?
    Maybe I didn't read your email well but I dont' see what it is you're not getting?
    08-26-15 10:10 AM
    Do you mean that you don't have email? Which part of BIS do you not have on wifi?
    Maybe I didn't read your email well but I dont' see what it is you're not getting?
    I mean BIS. I'm not sure what you're talking about "part of BIS." If I go to BIS in settings it says, Not Connected" when my 9900 is on wifi. You either have it or you don't.
    08-26-15 10:18 AM
    Welp, after many many transfers and accidental hangups and more transfers and one accidental transfer to Blackberry, I finally reached someone who knew what the issue was.

T-Mobile is turning off their BIS plans on 10 September 2015. You heard it here first. The technician who activated my phone put a new plan on and the new plan has no BIS.

I am having them revert my plan to the old plan because that gives me enough time to either replace my Classic or get it back from the people who have it. :/
    08-27-15 07:05 PM