Hi everyone

I recently bought a 9930 (unlocked). It's an upgrade from my previous 9700. I activated the BB service plan as I had been doing with my previous phone 0 but now the BB service doesn't work on the new phone.

My service provider (Safaricom in Kenya) says that the BB service is LOCKED. My phone works fine - make/receive calls with no issues. How can my BB service be locked while the phone is unlocked?

I have the pin-pin abort issue I have read in many other forums but none has helped. Would any one know how to fix this issue?

Thanks!
    01-27-12 01:57 PM
    That makes no sense. Irrelevant. Call them back and connect to RIM tech support if they can't help (your carrier)
    01-27-12 01:58 PM
    Thanks - I'll try. Unfortunately, and sadly, service providers in Kenya don't help much in terms of service .. half baked knowledgeable people work the floor without knowing what to do and phone calls haven't helped, neither did going there personally today.
    01-27-12 02:01 PM
    You probably need to have the service books sent to the device. Are you able to connect to your BIS settings on the phone, or maybe on your computer?

Follow this link, you should be able to log into your BIS through here as long as your settings allow you to access your BIS from a computer.

BlackBerry Internet Service
    01-27-12 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD