I am upgrading the the blackberry bold 9930 from sprint next week and I am just curious on how come there is no AF camera. I know they wanted to keep the slimness but there are other phones out right now that are just as thin if not thinner with AF cameras?
    10-09-11 08:18 AM
    This topic has been done to death many times already...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 08:25 AM
    True, no AF camera. There are probably other devices out there with that type of camera and a slimmer form factor. As a BlackBerry user though, this is the thinnest BB of em all. If an AF camera is that important to you, do not get a 99xx.
    10-09-11 08:42 AM
    Its not important to me I really just wanted to understand why they didn't put a at camera it whether it had at or not I am still getting it just because I love blackberries also that everybody has said that this is the best Bb-chad keyboard yet

10-09-11 09:10 AM
    Its not important to me I really just wanted to understand why they didn't put a at camera it whether it had at or not I am still getting it just because I love blackberries also that everybody has said that this is the best Bb-chad keyboard yet

I guess they just decided not to:confused...no one knows the real reason but its probably to do with the thinness but i dont believe that for a second or maybe it was to keep costs down...saying that this is one of the most expensive BB's out on the market...i dont think its worth the $600-700 off contract price to be quite honest. But ive had mine for over a mth and the camera is pretty decent, just need to make sure the lighting conditions are good.
    10-09-11 09:18 AM
    there are other phones out right now that are just as thin if not thinner with AF cameras?
    NO, There aren't!
    10-09-11 09:25 AM
    NO, There aren't!
    Yes, there are.

Thinness was RIM's excuse... but price was more likely the real reason.
    10-09-11 09:36 AM
    IPhone for one

10-09-11 12:44 PM
    Not sure why such hostility. It's not like the guy is bashing the phone. Are some people really that defensive over their phones? Anyways, the AF doesn't seem to matter too much for anything that is not close up text from my experience. It does 99% of what I need/want a phone camera to do. If I do need to take a pic of a text I usually take it from further out and zoom into the picture to read the text later.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-09-11 02:46 PM
    Idk people are getting really defensive over something so little I am getting the 9930 regardless I just wanted to know why RIM didn't put a at camera in that's all.Mike

Chrisy likes this.
    10-09-11 05:06 PM
    We're just pissed off with the subject mjordan, not you.

Like I said, this whole topic has been done to death on this forum since the phone was announced back in May.

A quick search would have found you multiple threads about it. There was no need to create yet another.

AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    10-09-11 05:19 PM
    OK thanks Phil_UK for clearing that up. Mike

10-09-11 05:23 PM
    I am upgrading the the blackberry bold 9930 from sprint next week and I am just curious on how come there is no AF camera. I know they wanted to keep the slimness but there are other phones out right now that are just as thin if not thinner with AF cameras?
    The EDOF camera is smaller and cheaper than the AF camera, it takes faster pictures (no delay for focusing), and it takes better video (or so I'm told). The tradeoff is poorer quality on closeup shots. Personally, I am very happy with the EDOF camera. Not having to wait several seconds for a picture is a huge improvement.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-09-11 05:32 PM
    i find closeup shots are perfectly fine if use the close up / taking picture of text function. 100% readable.
    10-09-11 08:12 PM
    Get the iPhone 4s don't waste 2 years on the 9930. Sprint doesn't have the upgrade every year program anymore. It's not a good move
    10-09-11 10:29 PM
    Get the iPhone 4s don't waste 2 years on the 9930. Sprint doesn't have the upgrade every year program anymore. It's not a good move
    So how come you would recommend the iphone 4s over the bb 9930?
    10-10-11 03:56 PM
    Your on sprint right? And if you get the bold on a two year contract and you find out that the camera is a issue for you you'll be stuck for 2 years because you won't make as much money selling that as you would the iphone. I'm not saying get the iphone for the hype, I'm saying get it, use it, see if you would like it and if you don't you could sell it on ebay and make enough money to buy the bold off contract and have a couple hundred left over for you. Just another option

10-10-11 04:15 PM
    yea it makes sense I was just curious how come you were recommending for me to get it thats all. Which storage option is a good way to go with for a i4s 16gb or 32gb? Also any recommdations on where to get one because I didnt pre-order one because I was going to get the bold but now I think you made a good point.
    10-10-11 04:26 PM
    So you're going to waste 2 years on the 4s when the 5 will be out in a few months?..lol The 4s is BS refresh of the 4 but the iSheep will buy it.
    10-10-11 04:29 PM
    I got the 32 gb because they sell for way more and its only $100 more

10-10-11 04:33 PM
    So you're going to waste 2 years on the 4s when the 5 will be out in a few months?..lol The 4s is BS refresh of the 4 but the iSheep will buy it.
    Lol so out of everything I said, you only read that? Come on dude no need to hate on a phone its not like apple or rim is paying you to use there phone

10-10-11 04:35 PM
    Idk I'm confused now I really want the bold because I played with a 9000 amazing keyboard much better then my curve so if the bold 9900 has a better keyboard then it has gotta be amazing. The camera is jot a huge deal likening said I was just curious why rim didn't put a af one in. Plus I already have a dslr for serious photos so that is i dontknow what I want to do because I tried the nexus s and could never get use to typing on a touchscreen so went back to my curve so I might just end up getting the bold that way I know I will be happy and not have to worry say if I get the I4s and still hate it then selling it.

10-10-11 04:35 PM
    Yea just do what ever you think is going to be best for you

10-10-11 05:00 PM
    Thanks for the help though and I got some thinking to do. But thanks again for the advice. Mike
    10-10-11 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD