(Note: sorry for the double posts - the forum appears to have eaten the first one, and I keep getting "invalid thread" when I try to take action on it.)

The subway around here uses NFC tags to debit your account. I'm wondering if there is a way to get my BlackBerry 9930 to serve this purpose instead of carrying a card.

I have my NFC subway card, and the BlackBerry can read it. Using ShortcutMe and NFC Shortcut, I can get that to do pretty much anything on the device. That's cool, but not really what I'm looking for.

What I'd like is for the BlackBerry to be broadcasting (essentially mimicking) my subway card, so when I tap my card on the subway turnstile, the subway system would authenticate and debit my account tied to my card.

Can anyone think of a way to enable such functionality?
    05-01-12 10:49 PM
    I can't think of a way.
    I wish we could simply add our card info, like from a debit card, have the bb encrypt it so noone can steal it, and use NFC as a form of payment. Like on the paywave terminals. Same with the subway.
    05-01-12 11:09 PM
    I guess my idea wouldn't work because then we could steal anyones card number and use it. Guess that's why its not out yet.
    05-01-12 11:10 PM
    05-01-12 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD