Hi Guys...First week with my9900 and loving it.

Wondering about the NFC and RFID cards.
    Can I actually program the 9900 with the RFID tag number/code from my RFID card to get it to replace the card? My RFID card is a 10 digit alpha numeric code.

Also can the 9900 Read RFID cards..and if so how?

Guess I might be wondering what are the specs/signal that it can read/transmit

Cheers,
    Chris
    03-03-12 04:45 AM
    Hi Guys...First week with my9900 and loving it.

Wondering about the NFC and RFID cards.
    Can I actually program the 9900 with the RFID tag number/code from my RFID card to get it to replace the card? My RFID card is a 10 digit alpha numeric code.

Also can the 9900 Read RFID cards..and if so how?

Guess I might be wondering what are the specs/signal that it can read/transmit

Cheers,
    Chris
    I don't think that NFC chips can read RFID tags, but I might be wrong. If someone knew what NFC chip is used in BBs, then it should be possible to find out if at least the hardware supports reading RFID tags.

What I know is that BBs can read the info from NFC tags.
    If the tag is a pure Smart Poster (NFC spec) then the BB should be able to read it all and emulate it.
    For other tags with security stuff on it (like credit cards, access card), BBs and other readers can't read all the data that is needed to emulate them.
    03-05-12 11:07 AM
    Someone needs to make an app. But I wouldn't condone supporting the use of experimental fraud or cloning.
    03-05-12 02:33 PM
    Was there ever an answer for this? I already have moved all my barcode cards to my 9900 via app but what I want to do is eliminate an RFID card i carry for the gym. Can someone clarify if this is possible.
    03-14-12 01:20 PM
    Was there ever an answer for this? I already have moved all my barcode cards to my 9900 via app but what I want to do is eliminate an RFID card i carry for the gym. Can someone clarify if this is possible.
    I don't think it's possible. My fob can't be cloned either. Tried it already.
    03-14-12 01:31 PM
    It is not possible. While it's fairly easy to clone a fob, NFC chip in BB devices does not interact with an RFID fob/card.

Ask your gym to upgrade their ACS and start using iclass or a smartcard system.
    03-14-12 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD