I'm a bit new to the thought of using NFC for anything useful and wanted some guidance. I did a search, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Entrance in to my work car park is granted using a fob and reader. Is there anyway that I can 'copy' the fob information onto my phone and use IT as the fob? I have several different fobs for different car parks that 1, all look the same and 2, are a nuisance to carry.

Of course, this is assuming it is even the same kind of NFC equipment. I wouldn't be able to find out if it is, so I'm willing to try any methods that WOULD work if the gates use NFC. If they don't, I guess I'll find that out!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-07-12 07:11 AM
    Sorry, that's just not possible.
    07-07-12 09:09 AM
    Oniberry is right. You can't copy the fob. If you could copy the fob, no one would allow those fobs to be used in the first place!

BBs have the technology needed for them to be used to open doors. However, you would most likely need to download your "Key" (virtual key) over the air and from a secure server to your BB before it can be used to open door.
    That means again that it needs to be an infrastucture that supports/has the secure server that can send your "key" to your BlackBerry.
    That is the missing part, the infrastructure.
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-08-12 at 06:59 AM.
    07-07-12 03:42 PM
    Well, that answers my question. Thanks for your replies!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD