Hi, new user to BB, phone due tomorrow, looking forward to new experience. Dont laugh, but current phone HTC TytnII. Its been a great phone! very reluctant change to BB, but drawn by keypad. Bold has same size screen as HTC. Need to transfer Outlook 2007 contacts etc. Is this easy? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    03-11-12 04:46 PM
    I transferred contacts from Nokia 5800 to Outlook 2010 and then to BB...quite easy synch. But I had to manually transfer some numbers, because multiple "mobile number" entries under one name did not get accepted by Outlook well...
    03-11-12 07:26 PM
    Download the BlackBerry Download Manager(DM) to your computer. Go to Sync which is under DM options and select Outlook contacts to BlackBerry Contact and press Sync. This will transfer your contacts.
    03-11-12 08:54 PM
    Thanks, up and running...all data appears OK. However search and Ringtone icons dont work with touch, fine with trackpad. Is this normal, can they be enabled?
    03-12-12 03:26 PM
    OOPS!. its all good and working. Slightly different sensitivity.
    03-12-12 03:48 PM
    Dude first of all welcome to the forum. You will never go wrong with a bb especially the 9900. I in fact used to own an HTC tytn II, years back and switched to the bold 9000 when it was first released and that was a heck of an upgrade 4 years ago, so going to a 9900 from where ur at right now is going to be almost a futuristic transition the bold 9900 is sexy sturdy and seamless in terms of its speed and functionality. Don't think twice it is the best phone out there without a doubt and the best bb I have ever owned. As far as I remember the tytn had a beautiful keyboard nonetheless the one on the 9900 is actually a lot nicer. Yes you can get all the outlook contacts ported on for sure.

Best of luck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by M--Canuck; 03-12-12 at 03:58 PM.
    03-12-12 03:54 PM
    You will love the new Bold its a great device !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 05:28 PM
    welcome to the berry world... remember.. try to search the forums first to find whatever answer that ur looking for about blackberry before u post a question..
    hve fun n cheers..
    03-12-12 09:16 PM
    Good buy! I recommend not going app download crazy though, only download well researched popular apps to avoid getting frequent instances of the spinning clock which will simply ruin your awesome bb 9930 experience.

So if you download an app and hate it just uninstall it immediately, don't have it sitting on your device, you will thank me later, guaranteed.
    Last edited by andrew3306; 03-12-12 at 09:43 PM.
    03-12-12 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD