Hi all,

I am a confused new user in the UK!
    Previously I have run my own Android phone and could pick up both my personal email (gmail account) and my works email - they use a gmail corporate account with their own domain name so I still use gmail on the pc to pick up my works email, calendar etc.

My android was setup to use gmail for my private email, calendar, contacts etc and exchange activesync for the works email, calendar, contacts etc.

This all worked perfectly but I got fed up with android battery life and constant reboots. I also wanted a phone with keyboard.

So.... I bought a SIM free Bold 9900.

My network provider (Tesco) have a blackberry package for �5 per month which I switched on and I can now get all my personal email, calendar, contacts etc using the blackberry email accounts and selecting gmail.

But, I am struggling to get my works email etc. I have been told by my companies sysadmin that I need BES activation (they have an external BES provider who set my email up).

I contacted Tesco who said that nothing was restricted on my phone but there is no BES activation option.

I even contacted other network providers in the UK but the ones I contacted would only give me BES as a business contract which is obviously no good for me as a private individual.

So, can anyone advise me? Can Tesco activate my BES setting? Do I need BES for my works email? And if so, any recommendations of a carrier? I am only spending currently around �15 per month with Tesco including the Blackberry data plan so would be frustrated if I had to spend a lot more.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
    09-04-12 02:56 AM
    Do you use Outlook as your co. email?

If you do, in Outlook go to Tools > Rules and Alerts

Then set up a rule that forwards all (or certain) emails to your personal email address i.e. your blackberry. You can turn this rule on and off, set up several different rules etc.

Make sure though you only have one out of office on at any one time - if your BB and work email both have out of office set to on, they bounce the email back to each other infinitely, and this is when your co. IT people will get mad!
    09-04-12 03:09 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Forwarding outlook would not work for me. I want to have live email/calendar & contacts on my BB (just like my Android had).

Michael
    09-04-12 03:14 AM
    Yeh fair enough. Your sysadmin guys should be able to get something done about it - can you contact the external provider to get the wheels turning?
    09-04-12 03:23 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Forwarding outlook would not work for me. I want to have live email/calendar & contacts on my BB (just like my Android had).

Michael
    Read below on your related topic.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...server-599026/

Another option is to create a [email protected] , kind of an email that all BB subscribers can create from the service providers BB page and autoforward all work emails to this ID. @blackberry.net address can spoof all outgoing mails to show as they are going from your work email ID. This is what I have doen for my work ID,so that I get all mails in my outlook as well as BB, without any issues.
    Last edited by ritesh; 09-04-12 at 05:28 AM.
    09-04-12 05:25 AM

Michael
    Except for Gmail,outlook.com accounts and maybe some other web based services, I don't think you can get the contact and calendar sync on BIS.

There is a third party app called Astrasync, which may be able to do what you want. My wife uses it to keep calendar and contacts synced with her work exchange server using BIS. She is using the regular BIS email setup for the email portion.
    Last edited by robsteve; 09-04-12 at 06:01 AM.
    09-04-12 05:57 AM
    OK, how bizarre!
    I spoke to Tesco again who said (for my �5 per month) I should have 1GB data and ALL BB services. I told them BES wasn't there and they resent something to me.
    Guess what? I can now create enterprise accounts. So for those looking (I am not even on a plan - just pay as you go), for �5 at Tesco you get tons of data, BIS & BES. What a result!
    09-04-12 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD