Hey there I have a blackberry 9900 im on O2 in the UK and im trying to upgrade my software from 7.1.0.342 to 7.1.0.569 ...I have downloaded the 7.1.0.569 software and the blackberry desktop software program I then tried installing the new software .569 and it installed successfully on the desktop software ...but everytime i connect my blackberry to the pc it loads up the bb desktop software but doesnt state that there is an update available even though it should why is this? can anyone help me out please? thx
    07-31-12 11:08 AM
    Do you have any other BlackBerry OS installed on your computer? Download a program called vendelete+, as it will search for vendor.xml files from RIM and delete those. The vednor files might be the reason for not getting the new update.

Also get a program called BBHtools as you can shrink your OS and install through that program as well. Get BBSAK to completely wipe your OS then go to BBHtools shrink and install!
    dgr8h likes this.
    07-31-12 11:15 AM
    Get BBSAK to completely wipe your OS then go to BBHtools shrink and install!
    BBSAK is not needed if you use BBH Tool as it can wipe your phone too (as well as a multitude of other features!). It will also automatically delete any vendor.xml files if you use it to shrink your OS.

@ dgr8h
    As sharma pointed out above, the reason .569 is not showing as an upgrade is because you still have a couple of vendor.xml files on your PC you need to delete.

One is in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader

The other is in C:/Users/Your Name/AppData/Roaming/Research In Motion/BlackBerry/Loader XML

Just find both of the files, delete them, and try again
    deezy87 and dgr8h like this.
    07-31-12 11:41 AM
    Thanks Phill, I wasn't aware of that feature on BBH Tool. I've always used BBSAK to wipe, and BBH Tool to load a new OS
    07-31-12 11:49 AM
    Thanks a lot for the help it was the vendor files just deleted them and now updating the phone
    07-31-12 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD