"new message" icon will not go away
I have tried everything I know to clear this. emptied inbox, cleared logs, battery pull, yet still a little yellow envelope remains in that notifier tray(its the envelope icon for email). this all happened after I opened a message regarding the availability for an app...I think it opened a browser link or app world. this is trivial, but irritating when at a glance you assume you have unread messages. anyone know anything else to try?
Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
12-06-2012, 12:16 AM #7
- 34,444 Posts
If all your email and text come into the main message folder, open it, make sure you're at the top, menu, mark all prior read. If they all don't go into one, you'll have to do the same for each mailbox, along with text.
If that doesn't do it (after a battery pull), Options->Email Setup->menu->service books->send service books. Delete the emails for each account, then do a battery pull.WAPers do it With A Passion
Z/Q10 Warrior °.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.° `°.¸¸.° Born to °.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.° Upgrade Guide
BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
- CrackBerry Master
12-06-2012, 12:44 AM #8
- 1,125 Posts
- nacle of phones: BB!
You may have an email address set up on your phone but have ticked the box in messages setup that keeps it from showing in your messages list.
Go to your "All" panel, press your BB/menu key then select "Show all icons" then look for an email account with a splat/spark indicator showing an unread message.
- By 1425956 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 3Last Post: 11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
- By Jeepberry in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 02-07-2010, 12:14 PM
- By ring3 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 12-30-2008, 12:27 PM
- By bazeballgril in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 03-23-2008, 02:33 AM
- By joanie in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 7Last Post: 02-23-2008, 06:17 PM