I've checked all my email accts and text messages. For some reason, when I open the browser, the "new message" icon shows up on the top bar. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?
    09-17-12 10:07 AM
    I'm getting this today as well. It shows up in the notification bar of the browser and the FB app. Can't find it anywhere.
    09-17-12 10:13 AM
    Are you still receiving auditory notifications and LED? Weird bug to be sure. I assume you are both on BIS, cause I just checked and my BES phone is showing message notifications on the homescreen.
    09-17-12 10:34 AM
    No audible notifications or LED. Yes, I'm on BES.
    09-17-12 10:36 AM
    No audible notifications or LED. Yes, I'm on BIS.
    09-17-12 10:36 AM
    Have you tried pulling your battery?
    09-17-12 11:29 AM
    Yes, I did pull the battery a few times. I just restarted the phone via Advanced OS and LED. Now the icon is gone when the browser is open. Could it be related to that 3rd party app?

Have you tried pulling your battery?
    09-17-12 11:31 AM
    happened to me before.
    mark any message or email "as UNREAD"
    and then open the same email. i will be marked as read and the notification will disappear.
    09-17-12 11:52 AM
    Yes, I did pull the battery a few times. I just restarted the phone via Advanced OS and LED. Now the icon is gone when the browser is open. Could it be related to that 3rd party app?
    It could be, though I am at a loss to say which one may have been the culprit. It's weird not getting a notification icon on your homescreen, but receiving it when FB or the broswer is open. (The notifications you were getting, were they for SMS, e-mail? Some type of 3rd party app like an IM app or something?)
    09-17-12 12:05 PM
    I'm having the same but today too. I see the message notification in both the browser and Facebook. Tried marking all messages as read. Tried to mark one as unread, then opened it again. Still notification icon only in those two programs.
    Did a battery pull, and it's all good now.
    09-17-12 02:19 PM
    Had this happen for about a month now, no reason no solution

just reboot
    09-17-12 02:46 PM
    happened to me before.
    mark any message or email "as UNREAD"
    and then open the same email. i will be marked as read and the notification will disappear.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. Did a battery pull, and that cleared it up.
    09-18-12 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD