Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jaydee5799
  • 1 Post By eve6er69
  • 1 Post By howarmat
  • 1 Post By southlander
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New member, New bold :-D

So im a new member, not new to BB. Been using them for MANY years. Just ordered myself a 9930 today, should get it tomorrow.

Is there anything i should know about this new bold? any cool new gadgets or features? Anything to be aware of?
    What are some of the new best apps for 7? :-)

Global Posts
    66,946 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Welcome to Crackberry! I hope you enjoy your 9930 as much as I enjoy mine. Now first thing to know is there is a way to search the forums. Up above there is a box you can use to ask the forum questions for previous threads, like best apps for 9930, how-to blah blah, etc.

Try it!!
    There is a lot of info ALREADY written about the 99xx series phones! You will enjoy the search, studying and discovery!
    If there is something you cannot figure out how to do, well search for that too! And then post for help.

Also there is a newbie's thread I believe so you could check there. The 9930 is an amazing device!! Enjoy!

PS Don't forget to check out the themes section and post some screen shots when you get going!
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1016 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi I Questions? email jomarie.ditata@mobilenations.com
    Deanig_12 likes this.

Global Posts
    32,144 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums! The Bold is the most advanced of the legacy BlackBerry devices and combined many facets of operating a physical keyboard and touchscreen in one device. Many things will look familiar, others will take some looking around to figure out. Fortunately, it has been out long enough that a lot has been written about it, good and bad.

Enjoy your adventure of discovery!
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,087 Global Posts

Welcome.

Well since the 9900 is newer you have nfc,mobile hotspot and depending on your last device you have wifi.

Other than that its exactly like all your other devices that you've had but light speeds faster.

Welcome to the 9900 world and ask away if you get confused.

Enjoy your device.

Sent from my game boy color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    BergerKing likes this.

Welcome to crackberry!! You are sure to find all the help you need here if you need it
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    BergerKing likes this.

Global Posts
    6,331 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Make sure you are running the latest official carrier os release for it. The latest ones are much better than earlier ones.

Oh. Welcome!

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Yeah. What carrier and is it 9900 or 9930? Congrats. But also curious, why a bold now? Bb10 will be or may already be out where you live.

Global Posts
    32,144 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Quote Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
    Yeah. What carrier and is it 9900 or 9930? Congrats. But also curious, why a bold now? Bb10 will be or may already be out where you live.
    He did say 9930.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    He did say 9930.
    I swear I looked up and down and didn't see it. I must be trippin

Global Posts
    6,331 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

A really cool app is Nobex Radio. I use it a lot. Two very useful core apps (made by BlackBerry) are BlackBerry Protect (cloud backup for your contacts/bookmarks/wifi profiles, etc.) and BlackBerry Traffic.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts

say hello to productivity
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

I got it today, 9930 CDMA/GSM i love the screen, its not a GS3 but its so much better than my 9700 :-D Absolutely love this phone. Had some issues when i first got it, *i got it certified pre owned through verizon* and upon activating it, wifi worked great, but i had the normal blackberry issue of only having enterprise email available, figured i would have that problem anyway :-p.

Also every time i turned off the wifi and tried to do something it yelled at me saying i was not authorized to use data on my plan *have a 6GB package*.

Turns out because its pre owned they wiped the handheld and i had a total of 3 , count them 3 service books on the device, so after a few download/installs, she was up and running with 8 emails, full data and all the bells and whistles

And to answer EMU The FOO......well i would have gotten the 10. However i only realized the 10 was coming out about 25 minutes AFTER i ordered the bold lol BUT! . My taxes are comin in a week, so i may just buy one anyway :-D My fiance wants the 10 like you wouldnt believe, shes on a 8530 curve i unlocked for her. So its kind of slow ;p