I have a 9930 and have a Verizon Network Extender at my house. Before the upgrade from .167, there was no house with a little signal coming from it on my homescreen. Now there is! I'm not sure if this is new, but i've never seen it before.
    02-16-12 02:56 PM
    welll aint that cute lol
    dimm0k and emirozmen like this.
    02-16-12 03:21 PM
    cool. i've also never seen that. theres something else i don't know. when u go to media and options theres "file sharing" turning that on makes a new icon as well ... looks like a copmuter with the play button in the middle
    02-16-12 03:44 PM
    cool. i've also never seen that. theres something else i don't know. when u go to media and options theres "file sharing" turning that on makes a new icon as well ... looks like a copmuter with the play button in the middle
    Cool! See when connected to wifi, 3G, network extender, BB network, i'm running out of icon space!
    02-16-12 03:48 PM
    I want that..
    02-16-12 03:54 PM
    I want that..
    Get a carrier network extender
    02-16-12 04:00 PM
    Can you check and see if Push to Talk is available with this leak? Under third party options, is the PTT listed?
    02-16-12 09:16 PM
    Can you check and see if Push to Talk is available with this leak? Under third party options, is the PTT listed?
    The pushed icon for downloading is on my phone
    02-16-12 10:03 PM
    I have a 9930 and have a Verizon Network Extender at my house. Before the upgrade from .167, there was no house with a little signal coming from it on my homescreen. Now there is! I'm not sure if this is new, but i've never seen it before.
    Ok, I'm a little confused. I also have a Verizon 9930 and use an extender. I have always had questions about any differences using an extender might bring by the way.

I also have always been confused when people post their "version number". my 9930 is up to date and checking gives me - 7.1 Bundle 457 (v7.1.0.163, Platform 5.1.0.137). Out of all those numbers, which is my "version number"?

As a comment to the OP, the area where you have the little house icon is the place (on my Bold) which shows the wireless connection at the time. It changes automatically as I move to different wireless areas throughout the day.

I have never seen the generic, "I am home" icon you have. I kind of like it.
    02-17-12 08:50 AM
    For the purposes of all these discussions, your version number is "7.1.0.163".
    02-17-12 09:23 AM
    Ok, I'm a little confused. I also have a Verizon 9930 and use an extender. I have always had questions about any differences using an extender might bring by the way.

I also have always been confused when people post their "version number". my 9930 is up to date and checking gives me - 7.1 Bundle 457 (v7.1.0.163, Platform 5.1.0.137). Out of all those numbers, which is my "version number"?

As a comment to the OP, the area where you have the little house icon is the place (on my Bold) which shows the wireless connection at the time. It changes automatically as I move to different wireless areas throughout the day.

I have never seen the generic, "I am home" icon you have. I kind of like it.
    I did have (7.1.0) .163 before this and updated to the new .267 leak and now the home icon is there when I'm connected to the Network Extender. Plus, my battery doesn't skip 92%-99%!
    02-17-12 10:29 AM
    I did have (7.1.0) .163 before this and updated to the new .267 leak and now the home icon is there when I'm connected to the Network Extender. Plus, my battery doesn't skip 92%-99%!
    Ah, a leak. That explains the version difference. Thank you for that. As for the icon, are you sure it has to do with your extender? It looks like a WiFi type of icon to me. And as I said, and I'm sure you saw before the upgrade, that is the area for the WiFi connection notification.

I've never seen one word about the extender in the forums, nor in any of the (many) "update coming" posts or videos (lol). Very curious about this.
    02-17-12 10:39 AM
    Ah, a leak. That explains the version difference. Thank you for that. As for the icon, are you sure it has to do with your extender? It looks like a WiFi type of icon to me. And as I said, and I'm sure you saw before the upgrade, that is the area for the WiFi connection notification.

I've never seen one word about the extender in the forums, nor in any of the (many) "update coming" posts or videos (lol). Very curious about this.
    I'm 100% positive. Last night, we restricted phone number access to the extender and as it was rebooting I switched back to the VZW network and lost the house icon. Then when it was done 20 minutes later, all of a sudden i had 5 bars and the house icon again.
    02-17-12 12:45 PM
    i just rebooted my extender and the only thing that happened was that I went down to "no bars" (expected). My WiFi icon, in the middle didn't change. Guess I'll have to wait for the official version to come out to see what's going on. I do like the house icon though.
    02-17-12 01:01 PM
    i just rebooted my extender and the only thing that happened was that I went down to "no bars" (expected). My WiFi icon, in the middle didn't change. Guess I'll have to wait for the official version to come out to see what's going on. I do like the house icon though.
    I was at my aunt's house yesterday too and there was no house, it's 100% when you're connected to a network extender and on OS 7.1.0.267. Trust me
    02-17-12 01:33 PM
    I was at my aunt's house yesterday too and there was no house, it's 100% when you're connected to a network extender and on OS 7.1.0.267. Trust me
    Lol, I trust you. Next week ( ), when the new software for the bridge (and Playbook) comes out, maybe the upgrade will include the little house icon.

The part that has me wondering though is that I've never seen any reference to the extender ever talked about anywhere (it's what caught my eye in your post). I've always guessed that Verizon didn't want to admit that their coverage wasn't stellar in every nook and cranny. And now software is released which impacts it. Go figure.

Thanks for all the good info.
    02-17-12 02:29 PM
    Lol, I trust you. Next week ( ), when the new software for the bridge (and Playbook) comes out, maybe the upgrade will include the little house icon.

The part that has me wondering though is that I've never seen any reference to the extender ever talked about anywhere (it's what caught my eye in your post). I've always guessed that Verizon didn't want to admit that their coverage wasn't stellar in every nook and cranny. And now software is released which impacts it. Go figure.

Thanks for all the good info.
    Well this software on my Bold is entirely up to Verizon to "officially" release it, it's not connected to next week's PlayBook OS 2 and Bridge upgrades.

The leaked OS just tells you that you're connected to it, which was designed from BlackBerry as a feature.
    02-17-12 02:59 PM
    Ok, so I am getting that little house icon but I do not own a network extender. Is there a reason for that?
    03-28-13 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD