Hey all,

So I got a new Blackberry and everything was going well until I installed Google Sync. I assumed that it was needed but found out otherwise after all my appointments duplicated thousands of times.

I got my Google Calendar all cleaned up but I'm not sure how to do it on the blackberry side? Is there a way to delete then re-add a calendar?

Many thanks!

Basttrax
    08-15-12 12:02 PM
    First off, remove Google sync. The Bold has a built in sync feature that you check when setting up your email account.

Set up, Email Accounts, Internet Mail Account, open your Gmail Account with Edit, scroll down, Synchronization Options, check Calendar
    Last edited by frfghtr; 08-15-12 at 12:24 PM.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    08-15-12 12:18 PM
    You can delete all your calendar entries thru Desktop Manager. I would turn off wireless sync first. There is no need for Google sync app… it is already featured in BIS account.

You’ll have to play around with it. But make sure you have a correct non-duplicate copy of your calendar entries. Once you get it straightened out, it works flawlessly.

What I would do to make sure it goes smoothly is:

Export your Google calendar to a ics file.
    Delete Google calendar items.
    Delete calendar items on device.
    Make sure all sync settings you want are turned on.
    Import your Google ics file back to Google calendar.
    Resend service books on your device.

Edit:
    Use the same process for contacts as well. BUT... Remember to have some sort of backup to rely on!!!! If you want to get more involved there are 2 programs out there that will sync to Outlook from Google as well. That is how mine is set up. My contacts and calendars are all synced between my device, Google, and Outlook at work and home.
    Last edited by dustanh; 08-15-12 at 12:26 PM.
    08-15-12 12:19 PM
    I've never used google sync. Sorry can't help you.
    08-16-12 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD