Just got this Blackberry Bold 9900 was using it for maybe 30 min to an hour, and I was on the phone with my carrier rep to set up BIS, I pulled the battery...and that was it...the device wont power on, the red led light wont come on, nothing...just a black screen as if you had just taken it out of the box...

Any suggestions? Reasons as to why?

Any help would be appreciated, I just want my bb back running smoothly
    09-19-11 01:24 AM
    Sounds silly, but did you try charging the battery?
    09-19-11 01:38 AM
    Try to connect it with a USB cable to your computer and see if it changes something.
    09-19-11 03:36 AM
    tried both of those many times...plugging it into the computer with batttery, without batter, pulled the battery multiple times. etc.
    09-19-11 08:47 AM
    tried both of those many times...plugging it into the computer with batttery, without batter, pulled the battery multiple times. etc.
    I have the same problem. I tried charging the phone several times, the red light is on for 10 seconds and then nothing...just a black screen. Don't know what to do.
    Help plz
    09-23-11 02:23 AM
    unlike OS6, i noticed on OS7 that when i put the battery in, i need to usually hit the power button to start the phone up as just putting the battery in doesnt do it.

silly question, but have you hit the power button?
    09-23-11 02:43 AM
    SAME PROBLEM!!!! Please let me know if you've resolved it!
    09-23-11 03:23 AM
    When putting in the battery it should power on by itself after 10 seconds there is no need to press the power button. I would recommend take your phone back where you bought it and ask for a replacement ASAP.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 03:45 AM
    I just got the same error. Last night I hooked up the phone in order to charge it. this morning I woke up (late -alarm did not go off) to find that the phone would not turn on! I called my service operator and they have informed me that RIM has authorized a full money back return on all Bold 9900. Apparently the phone has a software defect. My question is, why did it work for 3 weeks before dying? Did the phone auto update last night while is was charging? Is there any solution to this problem?
    11-29-11 02:27 PM
    When did RIM start the full refund? First time I've heard of this, who is your carrier?
    11-29-11 02:57 PM
    Plug it in to a CHARGER - NOT the Computer. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes to charge - maybe even 10 minutes.

Open up the back, take out Battery, then put it back in - make sure phone is still plugged into charger. Let phone sit until it restarts - it might take a couple minutes, but don't touch phone for at least 5 minutes (phone should be plugged into charter the entire time).
    11-29-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD