I saw the video that member a-rabmoney posted showing how long the new Bold took to reboot and I have a favor to ask of you...

I just want to know if OS 7.0 truncates data and limits the size of emails to 3mb still. Does your test device have this functionality?

Can you please copy and paste a lot of text into the Contact Notes of your new Bold? I want to see if it truncates the Notes after you sync it to Outlook like my 9700 does. This is a big issue for me and possibly a deal breaker. Can you do the same in Tasks also?

For example, if I were to copy and paste about 1 full page of a Word doc, it will truncate it. I just tested it now and a Word doc that had 773 words was truncated downdown to 608 words (after I synced my 9700 with Outlook).

1. I created a contact in Outlook (called "Truncate Test")
    2. I copied and pasted text onto a Word doc that filled the page (about 773 words)
    3. I then copied and pasted this same text from the Word doc into my Contact Notes in Outlook
    4. I synced with my 9700
    5. I looked at my 9700 contact notes and it cut off the text to 608 words.

So please, can you do this and let us know if 7.0 is pretty much the same ole data-stingy OS as 6.0 and 5.0?

The same thing with Tasks too. For some reason MemoPad allows like 20-30K words before truncated. Why can't RIM increase the limits of Contact Notes and Tasks? Or have they with 7.0?

If not, I'm most likely going to Android which will hold get this.......

ABOUT 26 FULL WORD DOC PAGES in Contact Notes! Now I don't need that many but I need A LOT MORE than 600 words for my client notes!

Thank you in advance!

PS I have an upgrade available and I'm STILL sitting on the fence with Android but this test will really help push me over I think.
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 07-13-11 at 12:57 AM.
    07-13-11 12:54 AM
    This post should hopefully answer some of the questions about email:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-int...-gets-detailed
    Nickerz likes this.
    07-13-11 12:57 AM
    07-13-11 12:58 AM
    This post should hopefully answer some of the questions about email:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-int...-gets-detailed
    Beat me by a MINUTE! Damn...
    07-13-11 12:59 AM
    Now that's a start! I don't need HUGE emails to go through but 11mb is awesome!

I still need to know if the Contact Notes and Tasks get truncated and if so, after how many words/Word doc pages roughly.

Thanks for those links! Very encouraging and makes me feel if RIM increased the email limits maybe this carried over to the other native apps?
    07-13-11 01:07 AM
    I think the carrier has some say in this, too!

Time will tell. I do not have many emails that big but on a rare occasion, I need to get a RAW image file sent quickly and this would come in very handy.
    07-13-11 05:11 AM
    I saw the video that member a-rabmoney posted showing how long the new Bold took to reboot and I have a favor to ask of you...

I just want to know if OS 7.0 truncates data and limits the size of emails to 3mb still. Does your test device have this functionality?

Can you please copy and paste a lot of text into the Contact Notes of your new Bold? I want to see if it truncates the Notes after you sync it to Outlook like my 9700 does. This is a big issue for me and possibly a deal breaker. Can you do the same in Tasks also?

For example, if I were to copy and paste about 1 full page of a Word doc, it will truncate it. I just tested it now and a Word doc that had 773 words was truncated downdown to 608 words (after I synced my 9700 with Outlook).

1. I created a contact in Outlook (called "Truncate Test")
    2. I copied and pasted text onto a Word doc that filled the page (about 773 words)
    3. I then copied and pasted this same text from the Word doc into my Contact Notes in Outlook
    4. I synced with my 9700
    5. I looked at my 9700 contact notes and it cut off the text to 608 words.

So please, can you do this and let us know if 7.0 is pretty much the same ole data-stingy OS as 6.0 and 5.0?

The same thing with Tasks too. For some reason MemoPad allows like 20-30K words before truncated. Why can't RIM increase the limits of Contact Notes and Tasks? Or have they with 7.0?

If not, I'm most likely going to Android which will hold get this.......

ABOUT 26 FULL WORD DOC PAGES in Contact Notes! Now I don't need that many but I need A LOT MORE than 600 words for my client notes!

Thank you in advance!

PS I have an upgrade available and I'm STILL sitting on the fence with Android but this test will really help push me over I think.
    did you still want me to test this for you mate
    07-13-11 05:21 AM
    Yes please! I really appreciate it if you could test this for both Contact Notes and Tasks!

Thank you!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 11:39 AM
    Yes please! I really appreciate it if you could test this for both Contact Notes and Tasks!

Thank you!!!

im just downloading outlook now and will let you know soon
    07-13-11 11:42 AM
    im just downloading outlook now and will let you know soon
    Awesome! I can't even get BB techs to confirm this and now I'm about to find out from you who has the phone!!!

Come on BB...please tell me you did the right thing for OS 7.0, especially since memory capacity isn't as expensive as before.

07-13-11 11:50 AM
    just to confirm, i create a new contact in outlook, then paste like 800 words in contact note , then i sync the contact to my bb and see if every word is there?
    07-13-11 12:15 PM
    You're wasting your time mate. BIS 4.1 doesn't start rolling out until September, earliest

You'll just get the same service we all currently get... truncated
    07-13-11 12:24 PM
    just to confirm, i create a new contact in outlook, then paste like 800 words in contact note , then i sync the contact to my bb and see if every word is there?
    Yes, but if you can paste more text (maybe fill 2-3 pages in a Word doc) then paste this in Outlook, sync and see where (or if) it cuts off. This will give me an idea of whether BB addressed this issue or not.

Thanks again a-rabmoney!

07-13-11 12:35 PM
    I suppose you can start first with 800 words and if this gets truncated then we can call it a day since more won't help. But if it doesn't get truncated, then try pasting more to see roughly where the cut off is.

Thank you,

07-13-11 12:37 PM
    I suppose you can start first with 800 words and if this gets truncated then we can call it a day since more won't help. But if it doesn't get truncated, then try pasting more to see roughly where the cut off is.

Thank you,

phil is saying the update isn't til September so it wont really work
    07-13-11 12:40 PM
    Whoops, missed that, thanks.

Bummer but THANK YOU for doing this!

Leaving a "thanks" on your username for sure!

07-13-11 12:44 PM
    I don't think the BIS 4.1 effects how many words can be saved in contact notes so I believe it can be tested. But even if the results are negative, it could change in later OS versions.
    07-13-11 12:49 PM
    Curious where the cut off was by the way?

07-13-11 12:51 PM
    a-rabmoney,

Can you still test the sync to see where it cuts off? Am curious what you get. The BIS is for email I believe, so this shouldn't have any affect on the Contact Notes and Tasks.

I'm hoping the Contact Notes and Tasks are capable of holding more data.

Please let me know if you can do this. Either way, it's worth confirming how many words you can now fit in the 9900 Contact Notes, yes?
    07-14-11 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD