So i finally received my Replacement new phone from Rogers today. This is my 4th 9900.

This was a New replacement device, the one i currently had was defective.

I was pleasantly surprised that this 9900 was built in Canada.

I have been through a few of these devices and there was always some sort of issue.

I'm hoping now this will be the best of the bunch.

Just wanted to share this.
    02-07-12 11:26 AM
    Good luck! I can only imagine your frustration after going through 3 devices already.
    02-07-12 11:33 AM
    So i finally received my Replacement new phone from Rogers today. This is my 4th 9900.

This was a New replacement device, the one i currently had was defective.

I was pleasantly surprised that this 9900 was built in Canada.

I have been through a few of these devices and there was always some sort of issue.

I'm hoping now this will be the best of the bunch.

Just wanted to share this.
    I am about to get my 9900 to take the place of my 9780. So i have to ask. Why have you gone through so many? Crious what the problems are.
    02-07-12 11:43 AM
    I've had a couple of replacements in the space of a week.
    The usual stuff, one software issue and a dodgy keypad light.
    Much as I love a Blackberry I do wish they would sort out some sort of quality control.
    02-07-12 12:20 PM
    I attribute one of the quality issues with just the build of the device. It's pretty easy to build a touchscreen only device that has no dedicated buttons. You don't get things like light bleeding or a loose keyboard. Seems like the quality of the parts is good (how long they last) just not the build. The more complex the build, the more things that can go wrong.

That being said, having to go through a couple devices before getting a good one isn't a good thing.
    02-07-12 12:29 PM
    I am about to get my 9900 to take the place of my 9780. So i have to ask. Why have you gone through so many? Crious what the problems are.
    For every 1 person you see who runs through four devices like this - there are many, many more who dont.

The probability that you receive a bad unit based on existing criteria is based on a lot of things but if you figure the odds of that happening 4 times. Really really really small chance. Sometimes I think these posts are exaggerated.
    02-07-12 12:29 PM
    For every 1 person you see who runs through four devices like this - there are many, many more who dont.

The probability that you receive a bad unit based on existing criteria is based on a lot of things but if you figure the odds of that happening 4 times. Really really really small chance. Sometimes I think these posts are exaggerated.
    Speak for your self pal.

First device: when i set the phone down it would shut off. Just like a battery pull. I assumed there was issue with a connection for the actual battery. They sent me a replacement device.

Second device: Keys on the left side (Q,A ALT) were all raised and would get caught on my pocket, of even just my finger.

Third Device: Stolen.

Second brand new Device: After less than a week the phone froze and i did a battery pull, i received the JVM 5** error. They considered the phone DOA.

second device rnd 2: Received it brand new track pad didn't work, there was also a significant gap on the side where the usb port was, this leaked light like crazy.

I should update my post this is actually my 6th device.

I must be very unlucky.

The phone that was stolen was great no problems at all.
    02-07-12 01:04 PM
    A lot of people (not saying EVERYONE here) also send back a device that is perfectly usable but has some small imperfection. For example if the trackpad is a little squeaky or the lock button is a bit raised, etc. Or people will download something incompatible with their device and mess up the software and send back a device with software that can be fixed.

I've only needed one replacement and it was because the phone bricked (JVM error, couldn't be recovered). [And the device may have bricked because I installed an early software version of an app that wasn't fully compatible with OS7 at the time.

I'm sure you will be fine with your new 9900 GSFWR. Plus, it seems as if a lot of the fatal issues have been dealt with in the 7.1 releases. But of course, some minor bugs were introduced.
    02-07-12 02:40 PM
    I got mine yesterday and spent all day at work. Last night I got home, got it out, put the battery in, and played with it for about 10 min before plugging it in and hitting my bed. It was made in Mexico and I noticed that the trackpad isn't "level". Ha. Doesn't bother me any as it seems to work just fine. It's just not square with the screen or keyboard.

I'll play with it and switch over to it tonight after I get off work. It seems to be good to go, though.
    02-08-12 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD