Hey I'm new to BB and i was wondering if anyone could answer my questions and offer an honest unbiased opinion. I'm a current android user. My phone is most likely possessed but basically everything i don't want to happen does. I was wondering since i miss my keyboard about the BB 9930. My school runs on outlook mail and i was curious if it would cost to have that on my phone. I really dont understand BES and BIS. I use my phone for email, texting, phone calls and internet. I'm also looking at the nexus prime. Opinions? Advice to a noobs.
    09-14-11 11:56 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry....

First of all, Outlook is NOT an email system. Your school may be using Windows Enterprise Server, but Outlook is just a program to pull and push email to a system. It is mostly independent (not always) of the email transport itself.

You can set up your Blackberry with the email given to you by the school. I go to University of Calgary and I get all my emails to my BB all the time. The UofC email system is based on Windows Server and Oracle system. It makes no difference on the BB phone.

BIS has to do with how Internet and email provided to you. Even if your school use Outlook you should be able to load emails using BIS. BES on the other hand only used by University staff and your email will NOT be associated with their BES.

Again, Outlook has nothing to do with this. Unless your school specifically block email access by a mobile device, you should be able to load your mail to BB with no issues and you DO NOT need anything other than the RIM's email program came with the phone. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 09-14-11 at 12:07 PM.
    09-14-11 12:04 PM
    Greatly. I tried out a bb in stores and loved it. No shocker everyone told me they were a dying breed. However for a dying breed to be dying there wouldnt be an even split on my campus between iphones and bb. I was honestly surprised by the amount of college kids with bb.
    09-14-11 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD