Guys,
    Just got my 9930 activated today..have a few questions - if anyone could shed some light on these, I'd appreciate it..thanks in advance.

OS. 7.0.0.254

1. Should I leave the SIM card in or take it out? does that affect anything?

2. in the browser, does anyone notice that when scrolling (particularly up) that the icon bounces around the screen almost uncontrollably?

3. If I am not doing a device switch and am starting fresh, is it absolutely necessary to do a wipe and reinstall of a fresh OS?

4. Can anyone comment on any of the screen protectors from BestSkinsEver?

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but that's all I have off the top of my head after playing with it for a bit..thanks for any info you've got.
    Last edited by RHP23; 09-12-11 at 11:42 PM.
    09-12-11 10:39 PM
    1) Leave it in
    2) It's most likely your thumb/finger hitting the touchscreen when scrolling
    3) No device switch, leave it as is
    4) Seidio seems to be popular. I'm skinless, with a Sprint minimal case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Rwil85 likes this.
    09-12-11 11:38 PM
    I noticed something else that was very odd..

Only in certain apps (browser, calendar..) Will it show that I have a new email message..ihave checked both emails on my phone, as well as the main messages box, and I do not have any new/unread messages..

Has anyone seen this before?

09-13-11 08:56 AM
    just go into your messages inbox and you;ll find the message there. it is probably some Blackberry message. If you don't see the messages inbox, on the home screen press menu and select show all; this will make the messages inbox be visible (you can hide it again later)
    09-13-11 09:41 AM
    just go into your messages inbox and you;ll find the message there. it is probably some Blackberry message. If you don't see the messages inbox, on the home screen press menu and select show all; this will make the messages inbox be visible (you can hide it again later)
    I believe he mentioned he went into his MAIN message box and had no new unread messages.
    09-13-11 10:46 AM
    I noticed something else that was very odd..

Only in certain apps (browser, calendar..) Will it show that I have a new email message..ihave checked both emails on my phone, as well as the main messages box, and I do not have any new/unread messages..

Has anyone seen this before?

The only place you are going to see that you have a new emial message is in your email and message box, You should not see itas you said in your browser or calendar??

Just try a battery pull or delete all your emails unless you need to save a few and then reboot and see what happens. It may clear up then.
    09-13-11 10:49 AM
    About the SIM card it's there for "overseas" on the 9930 that used on CDMA, you don't need a SIM card to use your Blackberry on a CDMA carrier... you can remove it.

You can also unlock your Blackberry and use the SIM slot for other sim cards from any GSM carrier.
    09-13-11 12:03 PM
    I checked the main inbox as mentioned above, it wasn't that..a soft reboot fixed it - wierd bug, I guess.

Next findings:

1. Why does the enter button work for bringing the notification bar down - but, not for bringing the panels up? That's weak if that's what's intended to be..

2. I have a dual-usb port, Griffin branded, 'PowerJolt Dual' in my truck..I tried a 9650 usb cord and the 9930 usb cord to plug it in and charge it while driving - both to no avail. Does anyone know why? Do I HAVE to buy a 9930 car charger, too?
    09-13-11 02:18 PM
    1. Why does the enter button work for bringing the notification bar down - but, not for bringing the panels up? That's weak if that's what's intended to be..
    Just use the trackpad click, it's easier and considering the trackpad does navigation too while the enter button does nothing else...
    09-13-11 02:21 PM
    Just use the trackpad click, it's easier and considering the trackpad does navigation too while the enter button does nothing else...
    Fair enough..would still be nice, though.
    09-13-11 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD