When I got my 9930, Vlingo actually came pre-installed and it will work on 7.1. enjoy!
    04-10-12 07:13 PM
    I will be a BIS BB user after a few months on android. I had to jump to my 9650 for a bit, so I'll be transferring to the 9930.

The few apps I use most are:
    Tether
    Dropbox
    Docs to Go
    Gmail stuff (the email and calendar, really)..so I'll want that to sync right.
    ScoreMobile
    SpeedNotes

So, for setting up this phone (it is used, but has been wiped I'm sure.. it has 7.1 installed):

I'm thinking I'll just go clean and fresh. Meaning, I won't transfer anything from the old phone. By syncing with my gmail and it's calendar, I should be good, right?

Does BB's built in gmail sync work effectively, or should I download google's Gsync app. The 9650 seemed to work better with the Gsync.

Are there any snags I need to know or avoid in switching to the new phone?
    04-10-12 07:41 PM
    Always use G sync. It works very well on the 9930. The calendar can then sync automatically.

You definitely want to make sure you have 7.1 before you start doing anything. It'll help battery life.

Get a case/skin! Also don't forget the $77 worth of apps you can download for free. Most of them are junk, but there are a few gems in there.
    04-10-12 08:07 PM
    Thanks... I'm hoping the free one's I already have (like Vingo!) will all transfer nicely from the MyWorld part of AppWorld.

(and hopefully Vingo will work on 7.1)
    04-10-12 08:12 PM
    gsync effed me up...it duplicated calendar entries, and shares my calendar with bbm groups...approach with caution!
    04-11-12 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD