Just upgraded my work BB from the old Bold to the new Bold 9930. What a change!! I haven't done much - just got it a few hours ago - but the touchscreen is awesome. So, too, is the speed that this thing has - no lag at all.

I need help finding a case. I had a Seidio case that I slipped the BB, face in, and it clipped in place on my hip. They don't seem to have one yet for this 9930. Is that correct? I really want to get something for it to keep it protected, but I REALLY liked that case I had for the old Bold.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    09-14-11 08:58 PM
    imo, update to 7.0.0.353 if you are running something lower.

Big fan of the otterbox commuter for the 9930. It's very slick.
    09-14-11 09:00 PM
    imo, update to 7.0.0.353 if you are running something lower.

Big fan of the otterbox commuter for the 9930. It's very slick.
    +1 on the commuter..that's what I have on it.

improvements in .353 over .254?
    09-14-11 09:13 PM
    Fix for the occasional back button bug. Some people report better battery life.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    09-14-11 09:15 PM
    sorry to be a pain..but, back button bug meaning..?

turning into app switcher?
    09-14-11 09:18 PM
    I have .254 and really couldn't be any happier with the battery life.. interested in .353 but will probably just wait until an official release.
    09-14-11 09:20 PM
    How about yourself... are you getting better battery life?
    09-14-11 09:20 PM
    I can't bring myself to put a case on it. Makes it too big/thick. Plus I just love the naked look. Feel you Duvi!!!!
    09-14-11 09:21 PM
    The oem skin case available here on Crackberry (shop) is what I use. Fits nicely. Very easy to remove and not bulky. Protects all the edges and recesses the screen just a tad so you could lay the phone face down without worry. I use a custom leather belt pouch with my phones and the relatively "big" 9930 drops right in with the skin case on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-14-11 09:27 PM
    I can't bring myself to put a case on it. Makes it too big/thick. Plus I just love the naked look. Feel you Duvi!!!!
    phone abuse.

chance of scratches is a huge source of anxiety, haha.
    09-14-11 09:28 PM
    How about yourself... are you getting better battery life?
    To be honest I had the device for like 2 hours before the first leak dropped, then within a day the second leak dropped, then about a week later .353 dropped. So I wasn't on .254 long and I don't remember what my .340 battery life was anymore.
    09-14-11 09:29 PM
    phone abuse.

chance of scratches is a huge source of anxiety, haha.
    Lol. I never said no screen protector. But a case? No way. It makes the profile way too big for me. I agree, I HATE scratches!! I'm OCD when it comes to them, but I usually take superb care of them enough not to need a case for protection.
    09-14-11 09:30 PM
    Lol. I never said no screen protector. But a case? No way. It makes the profile way too big for me. I agree, I HATE scratches!! I'm OCD when it comes to them, but I usually take superb care of them enough not to need a case for protection.
    as you say that, i'm wondering where the **** my bestskinsever protectors are..used to use zagg - bestskinsever seems to have a big following on here, but theyre taking forever.
    09-14-11 09:39 PM
    as you say that, i'm wondering where the **** my bestskinsever protectors are..used to use zagg - bestskinsever seems to have a big following on here, but theyre taking forever.
    Honestly, I've never found any consistency in either brand. One worked great for my 9800 & the other didn't, then vice versa for the 9700. Although I'll say I prefer bestskins for BlackBerry's, IMHO.
    09-14-11 09:44 PM
    Ewww... I don't do screen protectors either. Lol.

Fully Naked ftw!
    elphie28 likes this.
    09-14-11 09:48 PM
    http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/acce...ster_combo.png

just search for that desc. if interested. I didn't post the direct link since it asks you to set your location before it loads, I think. It's a slick holster, and functions with the BB's magnetic software features.
    09-14-11 09:52 PM

Fully Naked ftw!
    What?? Now I know Jersey ppl are crazy..
    09-14-11 09:54 PM
    What?? Now I know Jersey ppl are crazy..
    They definitely are (and the worst drivers)... thinking about moving back to NY!

Aside from my 3D (EVO), I have never scratched a screen. The 3D got scratched because of this cheap holster I bought off eBay that was originally for my Focus.
    09-14-11 10:09 PM

Fully Naked ftw!
    haha, FTL!

i can't imagine throwing the phone down on a table or sliding it into my pocket without a case and screen protector..is that sick?
    09-14-11 10:15 PM
    haha, FTL!

i can't imagine throwing the phone down on a table or sliding it into my pocket without a case and screen protector..is that sick?
    that's why I don't throw my phone on the table or slide them into my pockets
    09-14-11 10:33 PM
    Bunch of phona-philes lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 12:47 AM
    I keep all my phones naked. I shouldn't have to put something around the phone to make it survive everyday life in my pocket and on a table.

09-15-11 01:37 AM
    I keep all my phones naked. I shouldn't have to put something around the phone to make it survive everyday life in my pocket and on a table.

true. however, i can't imagine having my phone looking like the back of the ipod i used to have when i was in high school.
    09-15-11 04:44 PM
    Just upgraded my work BB from the old Bold to the new Bold 9930. What a change!! I haven't done much - just got it a few hours ago - but the touchscreen is awesome. So, too, is the speed that this thing has - no lag at all.

I need help finding a case. I had a Seidio case that I slipped the BB, face in, and it clipped in place on my hip. They don't seem to have one yet for this 9930. Is that correct? I really want to get something for it to keep it protected, but I REALLY liked that case I had for the old Bold.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    I am using my old Bold 9650 case and it works perfectly.
    The case has elastic material on the sides so my 9930 do not get squeezed and scratched like in the case it shipped with.
    09-15-11 05:02 PM

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Enjoy it, it just keeps getting better the more you spend time with it. Still LOVE mine and just got a new Bluetooth headset. Wow, my music and calls now wirelessly!...So nice this device is and easy to use. I'm still amazed.
    09-15-11 08:24 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD