Hello All,

I am back to a BB 9900 after a 2 year stint with IOS. I love the phone, however I am facing some key issues.

1. Google Calendar - Multiple Calendars from one google account are being synced using google sync, however duplicate entries are synced back to my main calendar. Also when making calendar entries on the BB I am unable to choose which google calendar ( i have 5 or 6 ) too post my entry to. I have tried to research regarding this issue, but couldn't find a succinct answer. Hopefully someone has a solution, as this is crucial for me and I am not too tech savvy.

2. I purchased the phone used from a friend ( who is a non BB user) and the software being used is still 7.0.0.576. How and which OS should i update to? I am finding the current battery life is terrible.

3. When using a USB car charger, I get the not sufficient power source warning on the BB. is there an OEM one that is guaranteed to work for this model? any recommendations here?

4. Any tips or advice in general? Its been a while since I've used a BB (9700), and I feel out loop with the BB community.

Thank you kindly, your help is greatly appreciated.

Ken
    10-05-12 01:55 PM
    Are you using the google sync app and syncing through the email settings on your phone? I think many folks like the latest 7.1 OS...I think it ends in 714. I can't help you with the charger. Mine doesn't give me that message and I don't think it's OEM. You can probably find one on amazon for cheap.
    10-05-12 02:06 PM
    Hey,

thank you for the prompt response. When I go to email setup and click edit under my Gmail account, and then go to delivery options, both contacts and email are unclicked. So I dont believe that is the issues, unless 'Im doing this incorrectly.
    10-05-12 02:15 PM
    I assume you meant both calendar and contacts are unclicked so you're right, that wouldn't be the issue. I stopped using the google sync app a long time ago because I would get the duplicate entries. I use the BB sync in the email set up and I am able to see all my calendars and choose which ones to assign an entry to.
    10-05-12 02:22 PM
    How would I set it up that way? Do I just delete sync ( the app) and try using BB email setup sync?

Anyone else ...please advise? thanks
    10-05-12 03:10 PM
    bump...anyone ? anyone? lol
    10-05-12 05:37 PM
    1) if you're using the Google sync add on app DELETE it. It's why you have duplicates.

2) delete your Gmail account from your phone.

3) on your PC clean up your contacts and calendar.

4) if your contacts and calendar are still on the phone you will want to delete them.

5) add your Gmail account back to your phone. Go to messages -> options -> email account management -> add another email account. After you enter your email address & password the next screen will give you the option to change settings. Here you will be able to select your synchronization options, calendar, contacts and deleted items. After you finish and save the synchronization should start.
    10-05-12 06:17 PM