Hi everyone, I enabled my device analyzer by going to options and pressing ALT+BBDA.

Anyway, I left my network analyzer running for 48 hours because im always on 2-4 bars of signal strenght.

Today I checked it and it says I have 5 bars 86 Percent of the time, 4 bars 10 percent of the time.

Im finding this hard to believe, because im almost never on 5 bars.

My question is, how accurate is this device analyzer? and is anyone else experience random signal strenght.

My OS is 7.1.0.523
    Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-26-12 12:43 AM
    Device analyzer has been accurate for me. I usually have 3-5 bars.
    08-26-12 07:03 AM
    Are you having actual signal quality issues, or just concerned because of the meter on your homescreen? I'd be inclined to believe the analyzer, but nothing is perfect.
    08-26-12 07:19 AM
    Are you having actual signal quality issues, or just concerned because of the meter on your homescreen? I'd be inclined to believe the analyzer, but nothing is perfect.
    I think im having signal quality issues, in some locations I can't even use my device because it says 1 bar in the corner. So since then I have been looking it at non stop and keep noticing that its usually 2-3 bars, and the thing is I can see it moving around. Which is why I ran the device analyzer thing to see whats going on (btw I love this tool) I was just wondering how many bars is normal, and if this tool is accurate. I believe it is like you do so that question is already answered.

But how many bars are normal to have? and is it abnormal to not always have 5???
    Thanks
    08-26-12 10:05 AM
    I'd say having 5 bars all the time is much more unusual than averaging 3, but I think you need to experiment with a few OS, till you find the one that works best for you.
    08-26-12 10:33 AM
    Forget the bars... from the home screen hold ALT and type nmll and that will give you your actual signal stregth. You can look up on google what the numbers mean. Mine is usually around -77 which is really good.
    08-26-12 10:36 AM
    I agree having 5 bars all the time would be unusual. There isn't a such thing as what's normal for how many bars you should have. That will vary somewhat due to location.
    Last edited by princebb; 08-26-12 at 10:39 AM.
    08-26-12 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD