i really need an unlock code please help me out!
    05-22-12 04:48 PM
    my mom gave me her brand new blackberry and its not the same carrier as me so i need it unlocked can someone please help me out!!
    05-22-12 04:59 PM
    check on Ebay, its only $1
    05-22-12 04:59 PM
    so go search the unlocking forum for unlocking services. and read the rules and regulations while your at it. or use the search function....or.....google.
    thekid22 and sjefferson21 like this.
    05-22-12 05:00 PM
    im to young to own a credit card and my mom doesn't have one
    05-22-12 05:01 PM
    im to young to own a credit card and my mom doesn't have one
    i replied to your PM. now go check the unlocking forum. there is a vendor that offers free unlocking codes. their website explains it all, just gotta do the legwork yourself, as its been posted numerous times.
    05-22-12 05:33 PM
    ask your mom to call her carrier to get the unlock code.
    05-22-12 06:46 PM
    ask your mom to call her carrier to get the unlock code.
    that is so mean but considering the user name is kid022 i laughed haha....
    05-22-12 10:04 PM
    i replied to your PM. now go check the unlocking forum. there is a vendor that offers free unlocking codes. their website explains it all, just gotta do the legwork yourself, as its been posted numerous times.
    Did this a while back for my old 9300 that I gave to my step-daughter. Worked just great.

Do have a question though ... has anyone unlocked their current-use BB ... just to have it already unlocked?
    Any advantages / disadvantages?
    05-23-12 09:12 AM
    Did this a while back for my old 9300 that I gave to my step-daughter. Worked just great.

Do have a question though ... has anyone unlocked their current-use BB ... just to have it already unlocked?
    I unlocked my 9930 when I got it. I had no particular need at that moment, but was unlocking my daughter's Android device (she hated the Droid, BTW, so I sold it and gave her another 9650) and had my new one done at the same time.

Since I don't normally sell my old phones, the only advantage that I can think of is that I am free to use a local SIM when I travel overseas.
    05-23-12 09:33 AM
    the only advantage is it will be unlocked in case you ever need to use another carriers sim and will bring you a higher resale value. besides that, there are no huge advantages and no disadvantages by unlocking for no reason.
    05-23-12 10:20 AM
    i don't understand your post. everything said thus far has been legal and in the rules of CB has it not?
    05-23-12 03:02 PM
    i don't understand your post. everything said thus far has been legal and in the rules of CB has it not?
    replied to wrong post sorry
    05-23-12 03:30 PM
    replied to wrong post sorry
    No need to aplogize I just got confused lol
    05-23-12 03:33 PM
    I unlocked my 9900 as I am Canadian paying Canadian rates and was to travel in the US. Knowing I liked the T-Mobile pay as you go rates and that I'd like to take advantage of them, I bought an unlock code and did the deed. It worked like a charm and I flip back and forth as desired.

Love it!

05-23-12 09:30 PM
    Best solution for not getting bent over by your current carrier while roaming.
    05-23-12 09:41 PM
    I unlocked my 9900 as I am Canadian paying Canadian rates and was to travel in the US. Knowing I liked the T-Mobile pay as you go rates and that I'd like to take advantage of them, I bought an unlock code and did the deed. It worked like a charm and I flip back and forth as desired.

Love it!
    Do you really save that much to justify the effort if you do not travel regularly? Is there an upfront cost to the foreign SIMS? For example, I was in Maine for a week and my data bill was $12. I am on Rogers and enabled the $10, $1 per mb US roaming rate and the unlimited call back to Canada wifi calling.

These days we seem to talk less on our phones and do more by BBM and email so data pricing is more important.
    05-23-12 10:21 PM
    whats a cheap place to get cheap /reliable payas you go usa plans?
    05-23-12 11:12 PM
    Blackberry Unlock Code

This is free, it takes about 24hrs though.
    05-24-12 02:57 AM
    whats a cheap place to get cheap /reliable payas you go usa plans?
    Look @ simplemobile or tmobile.
    05-24-12 10:53 AM
    Using simple mobile as an example, $62 is the cheapest BlackBerry Plan. On my trip to Maine, I had a $25 wifi call home to Canada Plan and spent $12 in data, most of which ( $9) was for Bridging to the PlayBook for use of the Magellan Maps program.

What happens when you go to Europe? Do you need a Card for each country? In Europe you can go through quite a few countries if travelling for a week or two.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the OS 7 phones need BIS or wifi access to change SIM cards in order to verify your BlackBerryID. Without it, your phone gets locked. In other words, you need a BIS activated SIM or have a saved wifi profile before taking out your home SIM. I am not sure if hotspots that require logins will suffice.

I have posted this a few times, I think the better approach is to keep your 9900 on your carrier's SIM, block data roaming if need be and use wifi. Take a second unlocked phone to put local SIMs in. That way, your regular cellular will ring in an emergency, but you will still be able to make cheaper calls using the unlocked phone with the local sim.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-24-12 at 12:41 PM.
    05-24-12 12:38 PM
    call the carrier. I was given the code via text, and sent an email with instructions within a matter of 2 minutes.
    05-24-12 01:47 PM
    Please no spam ..
    08-07-12 09:15 PM
    I suggest you stop the spam.
    08-16-12 08:26 PM
    I suggest you stop the spam.
    they obviously wont respond to you. if its spam, click the report post button.
    08-17-12 07:21 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD