Okay so i have the blackberry 9900 for a while now bought it when it came out. I switched the phone like 4 or 5 times because of it freezing / touch screen didnt respond until restarted. Today i ran into another problem My blackberry is at lets say 25% and it drops calls and says Battery to low for radio use. Then it drops down to 10% and then down to 1% randomly. Is this a Battery problem or is this a phone problem? Also if it is a battery problem do i have to buy a new one or will my courier replace it?
    07-30-12 08:12 PM
    Your battery is nearly a year old -- it could just be worn out. The battery is a consumable item and is typically not covered by a warranty. Your carrier may replace it anyway. It couldn't hurt to ask. My carrier has replaced a battery for me several times. If you have to replace it yourself, the battery is not expensive. I have bought them on eBay and Amazon for not very much money, but sometimes have received used batteries even though the listing says NEW. I now buy them from my carrier. Yes they cost a little bit more, but I know that they are new.

The phone radio shutting down below 25% might also be the Battery Saving Mode (BSM) is doing what it is supposed to do. To see if BSM is enabled, go to OPTIONS and type BATTERY. Select BATTERY SAVING MODE. If it is enabled, either disable it or change the threshold at which it starts. Save and then fully charge your phone. After that, wait it out. When the phone radio shuts down, note the battery level. If it's close to the threshold you set for BSM, then the phone is working like it should.
    07-30-12 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD