- CrackBerry Abuser
- 139 Posts
Need some expert advice please
Currently on a 9900. Before getting there ive went through a pearl a Storm (actually loved that thing) curve a 9700 a 9780 finally now at 9900 - love it. I have used the same 8GB Micro SD Card through all my devices. On that mem card there are precious pics of my nephew from when he was born (2008) and id like to save them if theres anyway possible. Heres the thing i remember specifically on the storm i had the memory compression enabled and encryption enabled. When i insert to laptop the pics dont even show up at all but on any of my bb devices they show but they wont open it only shows a default greyed out small picture thing (basically cant open it). If you know how i can save these pics and retrieve them please help me out! Truly appreciate it
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
12-14-2012, 04:14 PM #2
- 34,435 Posts
Encryption is only designed to work in the BlackBerry it's set on. It's a wonderfully secure system, that isn't needed for the vast majority of users.
The best chance you have is trying to email the image back to yourself. Trying to remove the .rem extension is generally useless, and I'm guessing the phone they were encrypted on is gone.WAPers do it With A Passion
Z/Q10 Warrior °.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.° `°.¸¸.° Born to °.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.°` `°.¸¸.° Upgrade Guide
BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
- By kleon1613 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 02-01-2009, 12:29 PM
- By pltaylor in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 07-27-2008, 10:46 PM
- By alupo790 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-08-2008, 07:29 AM
- By mas000 in forum Business UsersReplies: 6Last Post: 03-29-2008, 12:39 AM
- By bertyrob in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 03-27-2008, 12:02 AM