Ok, so I ordered a 9930. I activated it for about an hour and jumped right back to my iphone4 Keep in mind, I have only been on IP since february when released to VZW. I left BB when first Droid came out, so my last BB was Tour, before storm, before curve, before pearl. Just a little history.

Anyways, main apps i use on my iphone:
    #1 Todomatrix (doesnt seem to work right on 9930- update needed?)
    Week Cal
    Gym Buddy
    splash ID
    Total Connect (business alarm control)
    Everfocus (watch business cameras)

Those are my main apps, of course I use different banking apps, finace, and Pandora!, tipping apps etc.

Not a gamer at all.

So again, I switched back to the IP, because I immediately felt lost. But I love the KB and the feel of the 9930. It says class- period. So does the iphone, but just different devices. So Im wanting you crackheads to let me know what equivelent apps are out there?

I know a few exist as I was them only because my crackhead days i.e., splash ID, todomatrix.

But the calendar is horrible on the BB. Is there an alternative out there? (i wasnt a big user of the calendar back in my bb days) Also, how do I get all my google shared calendars on the BB? Thats a biggie for me.

Anyways, I think I kinda jumped all over the place, but I think you know what Im looking for. I want to love the new Bold, but couldnt see equivilents for how I have come to use and depend on my iphone. Im hoping and know some others have come back and might have some input. Thanks
    08-26-11 05:41 PM
    I have a Dev Account for iOS etc.. Loved my White iPhone 4 for VZW, Had iOS Beta 5 #6, Loved it! Then i saw the Bold 9930 and said hey what the heck!

I was one of the first to get the thing and i ended up selling my iPhone on eBay! I loved the experiance so much i sold my iPad 2 and bought a PlayBook!

Your going to love it, its a REAL PHONE not an iPod Touch that wants to be a phone. I still have an affection for iOS and the iPhone but it is more suited to a toy whereas the Bold 9930 is more of a machine that gets things done... The browser is Superb! I can honestly say it is close to the iPhone 4 browser, its good enough for me.

So with that, ENJOY IT! your going to love it!

Spy.
    08-26-11 05:58 PM
    Spy,
    How do you get the browser to default to mobile sights? It kept bringing up the full web page. Thanks
    08-26-11 06:19 PM
    I just switched from the Iphone to the 9930 myself yesterday. And I know what you mean by lost. Switching to a BlackBerry had a much steeper learning curve than I thought. I was slow on the keyboard, trackpad felt weird, and the phone was so light I was scared to use it in fear I'd snap it in two. The more I use it though the more I like it. I'm getting faster at the keyboard ((With significantly less mistakes than with the iphone)), call quality is good in comparison to what the iphone offered, and e-mails and other notifications are easy for me to see and know I got them. Man I missed that blinking LED.

I'm tinkering with it alot today and I'll likely be doing so for another week or so but, I've already made the phone work for me more than my Iphone did during the entire time I've owned it. I haven't had to find a work around to get it to work. *cough*jailbreaking*cough*

08-26-11 06:37 PM
    Yes, your right, I do miss the blinking LED!
    08-26-11 06:44 PM
    There are no BlackBerry applications that match those of the iPhone. Few and far between. But BlackBerry isn't about applications, as many here will have you know it's a "communications" device. Applications won't be big until the release of QNX(PlayBook software).
    So if apps is what you're looking for, switch back to the iPhone 4. As for the rest, it's about preference really. They all do the same thing, it's just different ones do different things better than the others.
    Deu2e likes this.
    08-26-11 07:25 PM
    08-26-11 07:25 PM
    It hard to compare iphone or android to a blackberry they are different animals. The difference with a blackberry is its unique navigation and push mail service. I came back from using a android device and it was hard and I almost returned it but something about BB made me keep it. With every new day technology is going to change with these phones so at some point you need to make a decision and stick with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 07:33 PM
    There are no BlackBerry applications that match those of the iPhone. Few and far between. But BlackBerry isn't about applications, as many here will have you know it's a "communications" device. Applications won't be big until the release of QNX(PlayBook software).
    So if apps is what you're looking for, switch back to the iPhone 4. As for the rest, it's about preference really. They all do the same thing, it's just different ones do different things better than the others.
    But what if we want both in one device with that nice physical kb lol!!
    08-26-11 07:54 PM
    Spy,
    How do you get the browser to default to mobile sights? It kept bringing up the full web page. Thanks
    I think you need to do m.xxxxxx.com to get the mobile site. Its all about the M. lol. The 9930 IMO displays full web pages better.
    08-26-11 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD