Will it affect my phone if the carrier for the firmware isn't the same as the network carrier I'm using?
    02-08-12 11:51 PM
    No it won't affect your device... which device?

Follow this:

1. Uninstall any previous OS you may have installed.
    2. Install the OS to your PC.
    3. If you have a Windows PC, change your folders option to show hidden files/folders
    4. Then go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file.
    5. IF you happen to have Windows 64 bit, go here as well: C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML andd elete that vendor file as well.

*You need to delete the vendor file(s) whenever you are using an OS that is not from your carrier. A simple search of your c: drive should pull these 2 vendors up as well, but you must have enabled show hidden files/folders.

6. Open up Desktop Manager and check to see if there is an updated OS and install.

or

7. Open up Loader in your PC: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

I would highly recommend uninstalling SocialFeeds prior to this. You can re-install it during the installation process.
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-09-12 at 12:07 AM.
    02-08-12 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD