Need Help My Back Button won't work, when pressed it brings up 4-5 icons I.e home,bbm,picture etc icons how can I fix this problem any input would be great thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mssca likes this.
    08-22-11 11:16 AM
    Are you sure you're not pressing the BB button? If you hold it down, it brings up your recently opened apps.
    08-22-11 11:19 AM
    It happened to me as well.. It had NOTHING to do with OS or any hardware issues. The reason it happen is because you have pressed ALT+CAPS button. When you use the stupid RIM holster that came with the phone, it happen to me all the time.

To solve the issue, press CAPS (aA button) twice or until the aA appear on your screen and disappear. Now your back button should work fine.

When you place your phone in the dumb stupid holster, make sure you lock the screen using the top button before put it in to prevent clicking ALT+CAPS causing this error.

Let me know if this solve your issue. It solved mine. Also please let me know if you are also using the OEM RIM holster came with the phone.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 08-22-11 at 11:26 AM.
    austriker likes this.
    08-22-11 11:24 AM
    It happened to me as well...
    Uhhh? What happened to you has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening to the OP.

The OP is obviously pressing the BlackBerry/Menu button and bring up the Application Switcher, and NOT pressing the Back/Escape button.

08-22-11 11:41 AM
    Uhhh? What happened to you has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening to the OP.

The OP is obviously pressing the BlackBerry/Menu button and bring up the Application Switcher, and NOT pressing the Back/Escape button.

Actually your wrong. I had the same problem. Once I press the "lock" key at the top, it goes away.
    08-22-11 11:45 AM
    I had the same problem. And he is not hitting the BB button. He is hitting the back button. When my does this i hit the alt key and it quits it. I don't like locking my phone so its something i just deal with.
    08-22-11 11:48 AM

If you don't know what you are talking about, may be you should educate yourself. Telus and Rogers Canada have received many complains on this issue. I work part time at BestBuy Mobile. Educate yourself before attacking others on crackberry. You have done this to my posts here before!!!

When Blackberry Bold 9900 is placed in OEM RIM holster without pressing the lock key, it will activate ALT+CAPS causing the OS to override the back button. This makes the back button the app switcher. To solve the issue, press CAPS (aA button) twice or until the aA appear and disappear on your screen. Period.

Ask anyone who work in the mobile industry.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 08-22-11 at 11:56 AM.
    08-22-11 11:50 AM
    Yes, ok I'm wrong, and you all have buggy OS builds. I apologise for both of those facts

...and mss-ca, we all know you're a part-time worker in BestBuy! I therefore bow to your superior knowledge of mobile phones and all things BlackBerry, and promise never to doubt or question you ever again.

Ciao! x

08-22-11 12:07 PM
    Yes, ok I'm wrong, and you all have buggy OS builds. I apologise for both of those facts

...and mss-ca, we all know you're a part-time worker in BestBuy! I therefore bow to your superior knowledge of mobile phones and all things BlackBerry, and promise never to doubt or question you ever again.

Ciao! x

Sorry if I offended you... I thought you should know that it is an issue with new BlackBerry RIM OEM holster. If you have friends or anyone who has this issue, let them know it is not a hardware or OS issue. Some people return BlackBerry phones and buy another because they are misinformed.

Anyway, all the best to you.
    08-22-11 12:11 PM
    The quickest way to fix it as stated is to hit the lock button on the top of the phone. I'm sure it will be fixed in the next update.
    08-22-11 12:15 PM
    Guys Thanks a million for the help, it works fine now, got scared cause I am on att then don't know a thing on how to go about fixing it, once again crackberry came through! Thanks

08-22-11 12:20 PM
    Guys Thanks a million for the help, it works fine now, got scared cause I am on att then don't know a thing on how to go about fixing it, once again crackberry came through! Thanks

Nice to hear that. I am glad you didn't end up returning the phone like all the other customers I had to deal with.
    08-22-11 12:23 PM
    If you don't know what you are talking about, may be you should educate yourself. Telus and Rogers Canada have received many complains on this issue. I work part time at BestBuy Mobile. Educate yourself before attacking others on crackberry. You have done this to my posts here before!!!

When Blackberry Bold 9900 is placed in OEM RIM holster without pressing the lock key, it will activate ALT+CAPS causing the OS to override the back button. This makes the back button the app switcher. To solve the issue, press CAPS (aA button) twice or until the aA appear and disappear on your screen. Period.

Ask anyone who work in the mobile industry.
    Wow relax dude, you come across as so aggressive when posting :/

Relax for gods sake lol

Ciao! x

LMAO
    08-22-11 01:46 PM
    I'm glad I read this. I'm getting my 9930 in the mail this week.
    08-22-11 01:57 PM
    Your suggestion to push the lock button fixed mine. Hey maybe you're both right.
    08-25-11 10:39 PM
    Yeah, hitting ALT+CAP + Back button = menu switcher.

But I haven't had this holster problem though? Using the stock swivel holster today, didn't lock the phone a few times while moving around, never happened.

Do you slide the phone keyboard down or screen down? I have it keyboard down, screen facing in towards my hip. Though it's not that hard to just tap the lock button anyway, it's perfectly placed when you slide the phone in your hand down a bit to push it into the holster.
    08-25-11 10:49 PM
    I have been having the same issue with the Escape (back) key on a 9930. I hope the Alt+Caps explanation is correct, and I think it is. Another issue I have with the original holster is that when I remove the phone from the holster I am pressing and pulling on the volume up key. Handling this excellent phone requires a little more care than previous models. Perhaps a big, fat, ugly Otterbox is in order.
    08-26-11 08:42 AM
    I have been having the same issue with the Escape (back) key on a 9930. I hope the Alt+Caps explanation is correct, and I think it is. Another issue I have with the original holster is that when I remove the phone from the holster I am pressing and pulling on the volume up key. Handling this excellent phone requires a little more care than previous models. Perhaps a big, fat, ugly Otterbox is in order.
    Also, another way to reduce issues would be hold the OEM holster from each end and squeeze it (without the phone in there) several times. This will loosen up the "tightness" in there. Some people had pop-out keys on the keyboard thanks to tight holster. Hope this helps.
    08-26-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD