I've had my 9930 for over a year now and it's been the best device I've owned. Today I received a message that one of my email accounts needed to be validated---first time that ever happened. I tried to validate it and kept getting an error message saying the password was invalid, even though it was the correct password. So I deleted the account, went to the account on my laptop and changed the password. When I went to set-up the account again on the 9930, I add the email address and password, press "continue" or "next," and nothing happens....NOTHING! Device just sits on that page. I tried to add another account (not the one I had deleted), and it added with no problem. I did a hard reboot but that changed nothing.....add email page still won't move after pressing "continue." Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    hzguo likes this.
    11-02-12 09:11 PM
    Is it a Google account?
    11-03-12 12:51 AM
    no....hotmail
    11-03-12 01:13 AM
    Did you happen to switch from Hotmail to the new Outlook.com

And you've confirmed that your account works fine online?
    11-03-12 02:20 AM
    no....just a plain old hotmail account. And I have been using it on the laptop all night--logging in and out. No issues at all. What I can't understand is that I cannot get the "continue" button to activate after putting in the email address and password. I changed one letter in the address (a wrong address but this was a test), left the password the same, pressed "continue" and the screen went right to activating the account, although of course it came back as an invalid email address, which it was but I was just testing it. For some reason it refuses to go further with the email address I deleted. Wondering if you delete an email address from the BB, is there some type of waiting period until the device will activate it again?
    11-03-12 02:36 AM
    I've had my 9930 for over a year now and it's been the best device I've owned. Today I received a message that one of my email accounts needed to be validated---first time that ever happened. I tried to validate it and kept getting an error message saying the password was invalid, even though it was the correct password. So I deleted the account, went to the account on my laptop and changed the password. When I went to set-up the account again on the 9930, I add the email address and password, press "continue" or "next," and nothing happens....NOTHING! Device just sits on that page. I tried to add another account (not the one I had deleted), and it added with no problem. I did a hard reboot but that changed nothing.....add email page still won't move after pressing "continue." Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    What OS are you using?
    11-03-12 09:19 AM
    You should change the password from your BB. I have done this in the past and could not access my emails. When you edit email addys from a PC, your BB will not know of any changes. Delete it add it back and edit from your BB.
    11-03-12 11:33 AM