Hello,

1. I'm new to BB, the 9930 is my first BB and definitely not the last

2. I've bought my BB 9930 in USA (was locked to Verizon) and I unlocked it and using it in Croatia, Europe. I can make and receive calls without any problems.
    The problem is: I can't check my prepaid acc balance (normaly on the carrier I use this is done by typing *130# but it's not working here!) any suggestions?

3. I've copied all my contacts from the SIM and they apear in Contacts list but when someone calls me I just see his number not the name, what should I do?

Thanks a ton!!!
    03-08-12 12:35 PM
    Please someone help me!!
    03-09-12 04:18 PM
    Hello,

1. I'm new to BB, the 9930 is my first BB and definitely not the last

2. I've bought my BB 9930 in USA (was locked to Verizon) and I unlocked it and using it in Croatia, Europe. I can make and receive calls without any problems.
    The problem is: I can't check my prepaid acc balance (normaly on the carrier I use this is done by typing *130# but it's not working here!) any suggestions?

3. I've copied all my contacts from the SIM and they apear in Contacts list but when someone calls me I just see his number not the name, what should I do?

Thanks a ton!!!
    1. Welcome to BB world =D

2. You said you've unlocked it. Does that mean you're using another local carrier's SIM in it? or are you using Verizon's? If it's Verizon's, try searching their website as I'm from the UK and not very familiar with how things run across the pond! Sorry!

3. Are your contacts local or overseas contacts? If overseas, have you put the country code in front of their numbers in your phone book? Sometimes you need to in order for the name to show up when it's an overseas contact.

If that's not the case, have you checked your phone book for duplicate names/numbers e.g. Do you have Adam twice in your phone book? Sometimes with 2 names for the same number, the phone gets confused and won't show either of the names.
    Last edited by nashstruck; 03-09-12 at 06:24 PM.
    03-09-12 06:19 PM
    2. Yes, i've unlocked it and am using it local carrier's SIM card, NOT the Verizon's! As I said I am able to make and receive calls, SMS etc. but not able check my balance on prepaid! Maybe I have to set up some of my local carriers codes or something, idk. Any other ideas?

3. My contacts are local and I don't have duplicates! For some contacts I see name and number and for some just number,hmm I'll try to put contry code and see what will happend! Thanks!
    03-11-12 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD