- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
need help with backing up
ive bought a blackberry bold 9900 and found my BBM backups of my 9700 from last year. ive put the BBM backups on my 9900 so i could get my contacts back but everytime i try to restore it says invalid backup file. i want to add my really old people so id rlly appreciate the helppp
- CrackBerry Addict
11-28-2012, 04:18 PM #2
- 742 Posts
- pins tend to hurt you..
Well I usually save the list to my sd card and restore from there without issues. Maybe you should try using device switcher which I also have done or just restore from a backup of an older device, it kinda just changes ur pin on their contact list. Atleast this has all worked for me before.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-01-2012, 01:44 PM #5
- 258 Posts
Run the Desktop Manager. Use the Switch Devices Option. This feature will translate across what it can convert, and what is compatible. From older to newer models of phones not everything will be directly compatible as like in a straight copy. If your computer has MS Outlook, you can sync the phone to MS Outlook, and then sync MS Outlook back to the new phone. This should transfer across all the main user data, but not any programs. When using the sync feature, take care to properly set up the sync options in the desktop manager so you don't reverse sync everything from the blank source, and cause a deletion of the data.
Jerry G.Jerry G.
- By phillyphreak in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
- By bryonp in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
- By lacrosse in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 9Last Post: 01-02-2009, 04:40 PM
- By rewcsw in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 5Last Post: 11-17-2008, 07:38 AM
- By WinterHawk in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 07-11-2008, 02:00 PM