Now, I notcie that even though I close all apps, the fact that I download them it still drains my battery. I reset my phone from scratch and before I start downloading my app I realized that my battery last a lot longer. After I downloaded couple of apps its started going bad. Now, I really need to know which app is the cause of this. I did couple of research and I read that few apps still are open even if I exit them.
    So, I need some help with that.
    Thank you
    01-29-12 10:16 AM
    Now, I notcie that even though I close all apps, the fact that I download them it still drains my battery. I reset my phone from scratch and before I start downloading my app I realized that my battery last a lot longer. After I downloaded couple of apps its started going bad. Now, I really need to know which app is the cause of this. I did couple of research and I read that few apps still are open even if I exit them.
    So, I need some help with that.
    Thank you
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y+draining+app
    peter-3103 likes this.
    01-29-12 10:20 AM
    I've noticed since deleting the Weather Channel app that my signal and battery life have increased like crazy. Call me crazy.. But I used to get horrible signal, rotating towers like crazy, and an occasional sos ( since upgrading my os the sos have been rare. Since installing the weather channel app they became somewhat frequent again). Since deleting it, battery has been great and sos has been *super* rare!
    01-29-12 10:22 AM
    I've noticed since deleting the Weather Channel app that my signal and battery life have increased like crazy. Call me crazy...
    OK... you're crazy
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-29-12 10:26 AM
    Watch out for apps that don't necessarily show as running, but that refresh info in the background (ie. Weather, sports, news, and social media apps). Either set them to a longer rate, or to manual refresh.
    01-29-12 11:15 AM
    Watch out for apps that don't necessarily show as running, but that refresh info in the background (ie. Weather, sports, news, and social media apps). Either set them to a longer rate, or to manual refresh.
    All social apps should come with a manual refresh option. I think twitter for blackberry is an offender of this rule. On the other hand I have BeWeather refreshing almost all the time and have barely noticed a difference.
    peter-3103 likes this.
    01-29-12 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD