- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
So after a weird reboot, with a b/w spinning hourglass, my blackberry bold 9900 boots up with an all white screen, and several icons are missing. and the ones that are visible are TINY. so my initial guess was that there was some random theme applied by accident. problem is, i can't access the settings icon, because a) it's not there b) the icons are so small i can't access the ones that ARE there.
so my question is: without access to the settings /menu...HOW the heck do I do a reboot to factory settings?
- 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM #3
Re: NEED HELP!
Perhaps you could connect to desktop manager and delete the theme files using the file manager, or delete the theme program from the app loader section, then reboot the phone.
EDIT: Found an article on managing themes using DTM http://www.modern-smartphone.com/201...mes-using.html
- 11-08-2012, 10:30 AM #5
Re: NEED HELP!
can you connect with blackberry swiss army knife (free computer program)? you could try removing the cod files to the theme by going to the modify cods tab > read system and highlighting the theme cods to remove
if that fails try backing up your third party apps and wiping the phone and loading a new OS with the same program as above and reloading each app individually using install cods from your bbsak backup folder in program files (hopefully you have a backup on bb protect or your desktop manager for the rest of your info)Blackberry.. or The Artist formerly known as Research in Motion
It's ironic that those who bleet constantly about needing tools not toys seem to act the most childish
- By trmr2000 in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 8Last Post: 01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
- By BadTA in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 10-26-2007, 10:20 PM
- By mish2brivero in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 6Last Post: 05-21-2007, 12:48 PM
- By yorkie2 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 5Last Post: 05-10-2007, 06:33 AM
- By Nizzbag in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 4Last Post: 04-04-2007, 03:20 PM