Can anybody send me Google Maps V3 or point me where it is still available for download.

I have a problem reinstalling V4.5.3 (I'm stuck on accepting the terms screen where the app quits and returns an error).

There seems to be a workaround but that requires installation of V3 first. That is why I need V3.

Does anybody have V3 incl .jad files. Would be good to have V4.5.3 incl .jad files too.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by WES51; 03-08-16 at 08:27 PM.
    03-08-16 07:25 PM
    best bet to search the interwebz for that old version.
    03-08-16 07:40 PM
    Bookmarking. Might do an installer later. Give me few hours.
    03-08-16 07:47 PM
    Actually never mind. I have just found something perhaps even better.

I found a post of Crackberry Member DAMIAN MONTERO.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-7-a-1015251/

Google STILL SUPPORTS Google Maps.

I followed Daniel's instructions and it worked. 4.5.3 is running perfectly.

The only little issue that I had was that first I did not deinstall the existing 4.5.3 and than the replacement install still gave me the error.

But after proper desinstall/reboot/reinstall via Daniel's instructions everything started to work perfectly.

BTW initial start of 4.5.3 and subsequent terms loading will require some time, maybe 30-45 seconds, which is like a lifetime for an exited Google Maps reinstaller.

Anyhow, have faith, IT WORKS.

Thanks for everybody who chimed in such quickly with the rescue. I hope this is good news for you as well.
    zocster and anon(8063781) like this.
    03-08-16 08:26 PM
    +1 for Google Maps v4.5.3 - that version works fine on my 9900 and has done for a couple of years. However, I don't believe that you can login to your Google account and access saved places etc. – but I'd be happy to hear otherwise
    03-09-16 02:48 AM
    I'm not sure about those functions that you have mentined, because I never used them.

But the fact that you can download and reainstall Google Maps 4.5.3 directly from Google (google.com/mobile/other)
    is already very comforting.

Keep in mind that I had to delete my existing 4.5.3 version in order for the donwloaded version to work. Simply replacing the existing version with the new version as suggested by the installation service ended up NOT producing a working result.
    03-09-16 10:21 AM
    Hey I tried that method as well but it is unusable for me. Upon startup it says "serious error, please exit and restart".

I don't think I know how to deinstall...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-10-16 06:26 PM
    +1 for Google Maps v4.5.3 - that version works fine on my 9900 and has done for a couple of years. However, I don't believe that you can login to your Google account and access saved places etc. � but I'd be happy to hear otherwise
    Correct-o-mundo !!!

Cannot log in .

Still very stable and comes through in finding a location. ( unlike the other app )
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-10-16 10:01 PM
    I don't think I know how to deinstall...

Just move the cursor over the your Google Map Icon, press the Blackberry button (left from the cursor) and select delete. Restart the phone after (or pull the battery). Then follow the provided google link...
    03-10-16 10:03 PM

Just move the cursor over the your Google Map Icon, press the Blackberry button (left from the cursor) and select delete. Restart the phone after (or pull the battery). Then follow the provided google link...
    I did it like you said - delete Google Maps, restart my BB. Next I've downloaded the Google Maps from the link, but still I have a problem wit accepting terms of usage.
    Anyone?
    03-13-16 10:23 AM
    Well, I'm no expert and honestly I have no clue what the problem might be. Maybe you do have some connection issues.

In the past, resending the service books helped me to fix various connectivity issues, so that might help (or might not, but it sure won't hurt anything).

To resend the service books:

Under Options (wrench symbol)
    ...go to
    Networks and Connections
    ...then to
    Mobile Networks
    ...press the menue key
    You'll see the Diagnostic Reports
    ...press the menue key again
    Run Diagnostics

This will take a bit less than 2 minutes.

Hope this helps.
    03-13-16 03:33 PM
    Unfortunately I still have the problem with the error after instalation... I've tried many of combination and still nothing...
    I tried even some third apps for google maps like GPS maps for google maps, etc. It works, but it is not smooth and well working like the original google maps...
    03-14-16 06:39 AM
    Well, sorry to hear that.

I can only assure you that it works on my phone and it seems that this is because Google seems to be supporting it again.

Hope you can figure it out.
    03-14-16 11:47 AM
    First load v3, accept the Terms and conditions, then load v4 on the device. Gets you past the crash on the T&C in v4.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 06:12 AM
    First load v3, accept the Terms and conditions, then load v4 on the device. Gets you past the crash on the T&C in v4.

Posted via CB10
    To be clear - when You say v3 you mean what exactly?
    Version V 3.X.X? Some old version install first?
    Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 03:16 PM
    Correct. I found a v3 zip I had saved. Loaded that and it let me accept the terms and conditions. Then I loaded the v4. Not even prompted for terms.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 07:18 PM
    Correct. I found a v3 zip I had saved. Loaded that and it let me accept the terms and conditions. Then I loaded the v4. Not even prompted for terms.

Posted via CB10
    Could you send this file to me on email? Details in PM.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Michniks; 04-30-16 at 12:40 AM.
    04-29-16 08:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks James! It works now all! Google Maps is back on my Bold 9900 fully functional.
    05-01-16 06:06 AM
    Without doubt , It's great for searching and getting directions.

However , I have never been able to find a way of sharing or sending the directions to someone else .

Is it possible ?
    05-01-16 07:19 AM
    I just realized the GPS locator does not work any more.

Is that feature no longer supported or am I doing anything wrong?
    05-19-16 06:05 PM
    From my point of view everything works. GPS works without any problems. Few seconds and it finds my location. Also, Google Voice works in Google Maps.

I have had a problem with GPS location in Google Maps but earlier - when I was receiving an error with acceptation Terms and Condition after reinstall of Google Maps, but now is all ok.
    05-19-16 09:09 PM
    Here's a link to a page with the v3 zip for anyone else who stumbles across this thread. The page is in Vietnamese, but the file link is pretty obvious.
    05-20-16 12:11 AM
    When I download the zip from that page then what do you do with it? If I click on the zip file from within my Bold's file explorer it can't open it and I get errors if I I try to just click on the jad or any of the cod files contained within...
    04-25-17 08:06 AM
    When I download the zip from that page then what do you do with it? If I click on the zip file from within my Bold's file explorer it can't open it and I get errors if I I try to just click on the jad or any of the cod files contained within...
    You need to unzip the folder. There are free unzip apps in BB World. If you cannot install one of the unzip apps from BB World, you'll need to unzip the folder on a computer and transfer the folder to the Bold.
    04-25-17 08:59 AM
    You need to unzip the folder. There are free unzip apps in BB World. If you cannot install one of the unzip apps from BB World, you'll need to unzip the folder on a computer and transfer the folder to the Bold.
    Ok, easy enough thanks! Once I get it unzipped should I move it to the device storage or the SD card or does it not matter? Thanks again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-25-17 09:32 AM
28 12