Hi all,

Need to rant a bit. I have an unlocked Bold 9900, love it. Can't wait from BB10. But I recently went to Miami (I'm from Canada and on Rogers) and I made the mistake of not bringing a car charger (brought a wall charger only) and not checking in with folks here at CrackBerrry land.

I was thinking, okay, T-Mobile has an excellent pay-per-day plan so I can maximize my GPS, email, etc... features on the phone while I tool around the area. Whoa! I get there and the T-Mobile $3 pay-per-day plan doesn't work with BlackBerry. You need to pay $60 for a month's worth. Excuse me? No thanks. I need to dish out money to Rogers just to get a near useless $25 for 15 megs of data. OMG.

Then, because I didn't bring my car charger, the battery barely, and I mean barely lasts me a full day. GPS to and from the mall, and whatever data usage to get my emails. So, leaving at 10 AM fully charged, and coming back to the Hotel around 9 PM - the phone will just shut itself off.

Gawd....that really really blows my mind. I know...I know...it was my fault that I didn't check in with y'all re. phone plans and to bring my car charger but still, that's pretty ridiculous. Part of me was thinking what other phones have a top-notch QWERTY keyboard so I can switch phones from this horrid experience.

Sorry for the rant. I still have my phone and love it. But here's the question for anyone out there then, just so I can this rant into something positive. Traveling to the US, what is the best pre-paid plan works with BlackBerry? I'm looking for data, talk and text are secondary features. Thanks!
    04-21-12 09:04 AM
    Any micro usb car charger will do it, buy one at a gas station
    04-21-12 11:46 AM
    Andriod and iOS i cannot speak for WP7 phones as im not positive use alot more data than BB devices. the cost of using data on Andriod and iOS is a lot more. As for roaming goes i used to be with Rogers but i switched to Wind Mobile and their roaming charges with no add-on to reduce the costs. cost a whole lot less for local calls/texts/data within Canada itself while i was with Rogers.
    04-21-12 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD