Help, I need to connect to edge internet on my ATT network with my unlocked Sprint BB Bold 9930; I set APN wap.cingular, but still it says it cannot connect, something about no data plan activated or something. I pay for 2gb data/mo, plus I sent this message with my previous cellphone on the same SIM, so I know that's not the problem. What step am I missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 04:13 PM
    Are you on a Blackberry data plan? Or just a regular data plan? If you're on a BB data
    plan, then check this out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arrier-644132/
    09-05-11 04:21 PM
    I'm on regular ATT internet plan

09-05-11 04:26 PM
    You need to call them and have them switch you to the proper Blackberry data
    plan. That's the only way a Blackberry will work.
    09-05-11 04:27 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that Sprint, like Verizon, is a CDMA network and AT&T is a GSM network. I'm in Canada and really don't know but that was my impression. If that's the case, though, you need an unlocked 9900, not an unlocked 9930 and your Sprint smartphone can't be used on AT&T.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 09-05-11 at 04:31 PM.
    09-05-11 04:29 PM
    The 9930 is both cdma and gsm for travelling. Once unlocked, the gsm side will work on 2g in north america and 3g in europe on a different carrier.
    09-05-11 04:37 PM
    ya 2 g only... no 3g at all... no you cannot hack it to get 3g/4g or do anything... you will be stuck on 2g forever unless you get a 9900 with the same bands... eg from at&t, rogers, bell, telus, virgin...

and yes you need a BB data plan for your to get internet to work... no way around that
    09-05-11 05:43 PM
    Thx ya'll , i will check on that bb data plan, i used to have a curve 8310 on att, didn't require bb data plan? Just normal data plan, so i dunno. Guess i'll call the company tomorrow to see what's up

09-05-11 11:38 PM
    i have a verizon 9930, and i used the t-mo service books from this forum and loaded with up with crackutil (procedure also in the forum) .. i was able to get the MMS and browser working .. but not email or BBM .. it never worked .. even BB support team could not help me (they transferred my call over there) .. so i just gave it to my GF who is on ATT, and it worked out of the box for her .. everything .. so i guess there is some piece of info that we r missing thats not enabling EDGE on our t-mo network ..
    12-04-11 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD