I came from android, so I'm used to having Google Maps for free. Are there any navigation apps that you would recommend for the 9930? I have no desire to pay $10 a month for Verizon Navigator.

Thanks
    12-20-11 04:44 PM
    I bought TeleNav for my 9930. $9.95 for a year. I've used it twice so far and it's been great. Well worth it I think.
    12-20-11 05:07 PM
    You could consider Waze or Google Maps
    12-20-11 05:08 PM
    I use SprintNav, which is basically TeleNav, because it's free. I'll have to agree with Revampd, it does work well. I use it all the time. I love the fact that it plays through my bluetooth speaker in my truck. I had to tweak the settings, I found using "prefer highways" works best for me. That way it doesn't try taking you a round about way. You could also try signing up to BlackBerry Beta Zone and use the Beta version of BlackBerry Traffic. It doesn't have the nice map view, but the beta version does have spoken turn by turn directions, and on the few time I've used it, it works great.
    12-20-11 05:27 PM
    I don't recall hearing anything from my car speakers when I used it, even though I'm using the bluetooth connection for my calls. Did I maybe miss a setting?
    12-20-11 05:38 PM
    I don't recall hearing anything from my car speakers when I used it, even though I'm using the bluetooth connection for my calls. Did I maybe miss a setting?
    When you have TeleNav open hit the BB button and there should be an option to turn bluetooth on and off.
    12-20-11 05:41 PM
    I came from android, so I'm used to having Google Maps for free. Are there any navigation apps that you would recommend for the 9930? I have no desire to pay $10 a month for Verizon Navigator.

Thanks
    There is always LifeInPocket which is free and has turn-by-turn guidance with voice.
    12-20-11 05:46 PM
    When you have TeleNav open hit the BB button and there should be an option to turn bluetooth on and off.
    Ok, thanks!
    12-20-11 05:52 PM
    Blackberry Traffic has voice nav (from the beta zone) that works really well.
    12-20-11 05:52 PM
    A vote for Telenav. For $10/year, it's pretty good. Doesn't have the cool satellite view of Google Nav but still does just about everything my Garmin can do.
    12-20-11 07:53 PM
    A vote for Telenav. For $10/year, it's pretty good. Doesn't have the cool satellite view of Google Nav but still does just about everything my Garmin can do.
    +1

Telenav is awesome!!! $10/year is a steal and it has completely replaced Google and Blackberry Maps.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 12-20-11 at 10:05 PM.
    12-20-11 09:55 PM
    Either switch to Sprint, or pay the $10/year for Telenav.
    12-20-11 11:36 PM
    Thanks for the help everyone. I'm considering going back to sprint and getting the 9930 there. Verizon's minute plans are horrible coming from unlimited.
    12-21-11 10:54 AM

Thanks
    TeleNav is actually the $10 per month app I used when I was at ATT. I used Verizon Navigator for one month and when i discovered you could get teleNav through Verizon for just ten bucks with no monthly fee, I very quickly said goodbye to Verizon Navigator. TeleNav is easier to use and extremely reliable. I prefer it over Navigator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-11 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD