I upgraded my Blackberry Curve 8520 to the Bold 9900 on Orange on Sunday, at first it seemed the fine signal-wise but my house doesn't have a great signal strength to Orange anyway.. But then whilst at work where I would usually have great signal and perfect connection to the Blackberry Internet Service I found my new Bold struggling to get past a GSM connection and at the most would reach a 3G connection for less than a minute. It also struggles to send and receive BBM messages, connect to twitter ect (anything involving BIS).

It seems to work at times and not at all at others. Don't get me wrong it's useable but so frustrating when it won't connect all the time! Could it be faulty? Anyone with a similar problem on the 9900?
    11-03-11 08:40 AM
    I think your phone maybe faulty. Have a word with Orange and ask them to see if the handset is faulty. I have the same problem but except its vodafone having a really rubbish reception indoors in my area. I made this it wasn't the phone by unlocking my phone to all networks and then inserting a o2 uk sim card and I receive full 3G reception on o2 without problems.
    11-03-11 08:44 AM
    I had the same problem. Signal constantly fluctuating between edge, gsm, and h+. Problem was software related. Seemed to fix itself once I upgraded to .440. You will also experience dramatically better battery life once your blackberry is able to lock into a signal instead of contstantly searching.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 08:51 AM
    Thanks that makes a bit more sense seeing as you had the same problem.

After clicking 'About Device Versions' in Options it is saying: 7.0 Bundle 1672 (v7.0.0.353) does this mean my BB isn't up to date and I should update my Bold through the PC to the .440 version you explained?
    11-03-11 09:28 AM
    I upgraded to .440 as I was experiencing the same issues as you, sad to say I haven't really seen any improvement
    11-03-11 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD