Hey guys, my bold 9930 from verizon refuses to connect to my mobile network... I rebooted the phone and when I turned it on again it just wouldn't connect. Now there's a 'service required' message at the top of the home screen and the radio won't turn on.. Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated
    12-09-11 04:46 PM
    Try *228 > send > option 1.
    12-09-11 05:12 PM
    *228 option if 1 fails...... are you even able to complete phones calls? you may also try registering on the host routing table...... worse case call 611 and asked them to remove the phone and reenter in their system as "new"......let us know
    Last edited by tkcdamar; 12-09-11 at 07:51 PM.
    12-09-11 06:50 PM
    Sure it isn't an issue with the tower in your area? The tower near my house had constant issues for several months when it would rain hard. If I drove a 1/2 mile up the road I got full bars back.
    12-09-11 10:58 PM
    No radio? Pull battery. Had same problem that fixed it.
    12-09-11 11:11 PM
    I can't make any calls at all. It's not a signal thing, the radio literally won't turn on. I tried the *228 and all it does is radio off - restore connection - restoring connection - call failed.
    I've pulled battery, I actually left the battery out for a good 12 hours and still the same thing. I have absolutely no clue what's going on.. Could it be that I'm using it in Thailand?
    12-10-11 12:53 AM
    same thing just happened to a device of my user, any fix?

edit: I'm gonna wipe the device and reinstall the OS. But the radio refuses to turn on, it stays in an OFF mode and says "service required" at the top, if you attempt to turn the radio on with the check box, it unchecks it's self after about 7 seconds

edit 2: wipe and reload of the OS didn't work, replacing it under warranty.
    Last edited by manofice; 12-13-11 at 12:23 PM.
    12-13-11 11:31 AM
    same thing just happened to a device of my user, any fix?

edit: I'm gonna wipe the device and reinstall the OS. But the radio refuses to turn on, it stays in an OFF mode and says "service required" at the top, if you attempt to turn the radio on with the check box, it unchecks it's self after about 7 seconds

edit 2: wipe and reload of the OS didn't work, replacing it under warranty.
    Is that my only option? I'm living overseas now and won't be back to the states till the summer
    12-21-11 05:35 AM
    Did you update your PRL?
    12-21-11 06:08 AM
    I am guessing but aren't most countries outside the US are GSM? Could it be that your carrier is GSM and that an unlocked AT&T 9900 would be a solution? If it is not a network issue, exchange it or get a refurb from your carrier.
    12-21-11 06:42 AM
    If GSM, doesn't it take a SIM card and you could get one over there?
    12-21-11 07:14 AM
    You did get Verizon to unlock it and release the PIN before you left right? If not you will need to pay an unlocker to unlock it. And as long as you don't owe big V money you should be able to reclaim the PIN since you will probably still be using the same BBID.
    12-21-11 07:32 AM
    I'm having this same problem. I don't think it's a problem with the phone, I think that Verizon is having issues. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly because I have no way to contact anyone now!!!

Edit: I did yet another battery pull and that finally did the trick! Whew!!
    Last edited by lkveggie; 12-21-11 at 09:31 AM.
    12-21-11 09:27 AM
    Yeh, it was unlocked by verizen. Had been using for almost 2 months over here and then one day it just decided to.. stop.
    12-21-11 09:36 PM
    I'm having this same problem. I don't think it's a problem with the phone, I think that Verizon is having issues. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly because I have no way to contact anyone now!!!

Edit: I did yet another battery pull and that finally did the trick! Whew!!
    How long had your phone been acting up before it started working again?
    12-21-11 09:41 PM
    plz help i need fix it i have the same error
    01-27-12 05:51 PM
    i updated my Verizon BB 9930 and its doing the same. All it shows is just radio OFF. i have flashed it over and over again, but no luck. i live in UK and cant send the phone back. please help
    02-13-12 03:14 PM
    Is everyone experiencing these problems selecting GSM/UMTS under network technology? Also of course you'll need to be carrier unlocked.
    02-14-12 12:49 PM
    Mine shut down when I load a web page, and came up with radio "off" unable to turn on. After two battery pulls, the issue stayed. I went in a clicked on the web browser to see if this was related... it popped up and gave me the option to turn on the radio, and now everything seems to be working fine. Odd...
    03-13-12 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD