Hey
    i just got my bb bold 9900 today, and i had a mouse glitch problem with the browser and i was advised to upgrade to 353, which i did.

I go to get on my blackberry after all the restore and stuff and it asks me to activate my emails, which i clicked Activate. it brought me to a page where it asked me to type in my password for each of my email accounts.

I did so, but it happens that my tmo.blackberry.net email wont work with ANY possible password i set it to, it says its a invalid password.

How can i go about fixing this? /: i constantly use my email so this is a problem as i cant use any emails.

I kept the same pin as my old blackberry and if i have to i will switch to a new one (i just need help on doing so)

let me know,
    thanks,
    tyler
    10-06-11 10:55 PM
    You could NOT have kept the same PIN as your old BlackBerry. No such thing. BlackBerry PINS are unique to each device and you have no control over PINS. Maybe you didn't mean PIN?

If you're getting "invalid password/user name", you're probably not entering something correctly, or it could be the bug in OS7 with "device switch" and BB logins to app worlds and BIS e-mail.

Do you have another e-mail account you use, like gmail or hotmail? I don't use my blackberry address at all...I only use my BES address / gmail and hotmail.

If you're 100% sure you have the right username /password, you may have to do a security wipe with a backup 1st - and then activate your BIS e-mail BEFORE restoring your data. Alternatively, you could contact your carrier to help you reset the password; they should be able to help.
    10-06-11 11:22 PM
    Hey
    i just got my bb bold 9900 today, and i had a mouse glitch problem with the browser and i was advised to upgrade to 353, which i did.

I go to get on my blackberry after all the restore and stuff and it asks me to activate my emails, which i clicked Activate. it brought me to a page where it asked me to type in my password for each of my email accounts.

I did so, but it happens that my tmo.blackberry.net email wont work with ANY possible password i set it to, it says its a invalid password.

How can i go about fixing this? /: i constantly use my email so this is a problem as i cant use any emails.

I kept the same pin as my old blackberry and if i have to i will switch to a new one (i just need help on doing so)

let me know,
    thanks,
    tyler
    I've had this happen, if your emails didn't transfer over then just try to create a new one with the same user name. The easiest way to check though is to go to tmobile.com, log in, up top, "Mobile life>email and text tools" it should show you your emails on the phone, if your tmo.blackberry.net email is not on there then you just need to recreate it on the site or the phone and your good to go.
    10-06-11 11:32 PM
    You could NOT have kept the same PIN as your old BlackBerry. No such thing. BlackBerry PINS are unique to each device and you have no control over PINS. Maybe you didn't mean PIN?

If you're getting "invalid password/user name", you're probably not entering something correctly, or it could be the bug in OS7 with "device switch" and BB logins to app worlds and BIS e-mail.

Do you have another e-mail account you use, like gmail or hotmail? I don't use my blackberry address at all...I only use my BES address / gmail and hotmail.

If you're 100% sure you have the right username /password, you may have to do a security wipe with a backup 1st - and then activate your BIS e-mail BEFORE restoring your data. Alternatively, you could contact your carrier to help you reset the password; they should be able to help.
    Steve, I'm not trying to under-mine you but I've had that happened to me when switching devices, I think what I described is what he is looking for.
    10-06-11 11:33 PM
    i had this same problem when i moved my accounts to my 9860 from my 9780. i simply deleted my at&t BB email address and then re-registered it again. worked fine after that.
    10-06-11 11:41 PM
    This happened to me when I first got the phone and when I would switch between my 9780 and my 9900. You can go to my.tmobile.com and log in and go to My Mobile Life and go to your Email settings and "detect new device." Even though you were getting emails before on your 9900, it somehow unregisters itself. So it click Detect New Device and your service books will be sent.

I was curious what the password is, since like you, the password was not one that I used. I called T-Mobile and the connected me to RIM and they sent me my password, which was randomly generated. I saved it in Memos, in case I ever need it again!
    Last edited by SK122387; 10-06-11 at 11:55 PM.
    10-06-11 11:52 PM
    I've had this happen, if your emails didn't transfer over then just try to create a new one with the same user name. The easiest way to check though is to go to tmobile.com, log in, up top, "Mobile life>email and text tools" it should show you your emails on the phone, if your tmo.blackberry.net email is not on there then you just need to recreate it on the site or the phone and your good to go.
    No I've already done that and its still up there, what FBA said sounds like the problem and the solution.
    Thanks for both of your help I appreciate it<3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 11:53 PM
    Went through this EXACT same issue and had to call in to T-Mobile, say "Blackberry" at the prompt and tell them you need to reset the password for your tmo.blackberry.net account.

They sent me a text with a temp password and from there it was easy sailing.

Problem is, T-Mo didn't have passwords on the accounts before and never had a method for you to retrieve it. Kind of an issue with everything moving to Blackberry ID.
    10-06-11 11:55 PM
    thank you Hatax. I had no idea T-Mobile's automated system made it that easy. I'll remember that next time.
    10-06-11 11:56 PM
    No I've already done that and its still up there, what FBA said sounds like the problem and the solution.
    Thanks for both of your help I appreciate it<3

In that case, you can delete the email and create the same one...
    10-07-11 12:04 AM
    The thing is, it was working completely fine right before I upgraded to 353.

10-07-11 12:51 AM
    The thing is, it was working completely fine right before I upgraded to 353.

When you switch your SIM to a different BB it asks you to validate as you said, I don't think the process went accordingly leaving the tmo.bb.net account linked to the old phone. If your TMO account shows your new device PIN it should deactivate the old one so the tmo.bb.net is no longer active if you didn't get it added to your new one yet, thus it should allow you to create a new tmo.bb.net email with the same name. I forgot the exact situation but it was similar when it happened to me, I couldn't remember the password for the life of me. Went and created a new account, didn't actually create it and realized the password is 6 digits long I think, if not 8, requires #s, at least 1 upper case letter (which I forgot), and letters. After I realized that I needed an upper case letter I remembered which password it was and it went through.
    10-07-11 12:57 AM
    This happened to me when I first got the phone and when I would switch between my 9780 and my 9900. You can go to my.tmobile.com and log in and go to My Mobile Life and go to your Email settings and "detect new device." Even though you were getting emails before on your 9900, it somehow unregisters itself. So it click Detect New Device and your service books will be sent.

I was curious what the password is, since like you, the password was not one that I used. I called T-Mobile and the connected me to RIM and they sent me my password, which was randomly generated. I saved it in Memos, in case I ever need it again!
    ive done that and when i hit detect new device it still doesnt change its stuck on my old phone.

EDIT:
    i tried to delete the email via mobileweb, and readded the same one, went to go try it with the right password and still says its a wrong password or email -__-
    Last edited by s7orm; 10-07-11 at 02:01 AM.
    10-07-11 01:42 AM
    From what it sounds liike, that means your old phone is still linked to the account. The easiest solution is to call your carrier and have them unlink/deactivate that email. Or if you still have your old phone, pop the sim in, delete the email account and you should be good to go.

10-07-11 09:45 AM
    I just downloaded Twitter to my BB and it downloaded, but to activate it, it too is asking me for a password. I've put in what I know to be the password but it will not work. This is the last step to restore my Twitter back on my phone after it was accidentally deleted. Anyone know what I should do? Thx!

It says "The username/password combo provided is incorrect. Please try again". But it does not allow me to find out what the password was or to change it.
    Last edited by niam; 10-21-11 at 12:08 PM.
    10-21-11 12:05 PM
    Google tmo.blackberry.net and you'll find a site where it will send you a temp password.

10-21-11 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD