This morning I installed an application from AppWorld (wish I knew the name) that was meant to monitor memory and delete unused files to free up my memory. I did NOT need to. My 9930 WAS running GREAT. I'm NOT a newbie to BlackBerry. I'm NOT by ANY means an expert either...I BRICKED IT!!!...Error:102 please re-install software....UGH!!!...no PC...plus I'm disable so I would need to bug someone for a ride to the nearest VZW repair store...so after an hour with CS I'm sending my Bold back and getting a refund...I upgraded to the 9930 so VZW is setting my account BACK like I NEVER changed anything; to start ALL over...I'm on my 8530 again...UGH!!!...SOOO used to universal search...ANYHOO...heads up!!! (The app was FREE...called: SOMETHING.......pack) I WISH I KNEW THE FULL NAME!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mcaples; 08-22-11 at 02:45 PM.
    08-22-11 02:43 PM
    I had a similar issues with google sync and backup assistant. I had to reload the OS.

08-22-11 02:48 PM
    If I had a pc I would reload. I miss my Bold.

08-22-11 02:54 PM
    Why didn't you just reload the OS?
    08-22-11 02:56 PM
    You should've looked at the 101 section of crackberry under bricked blackberry, that way you could've uploaded the OS as Deathcommand suggested.
    08-22-11 03:00 PM
    No pc

08-22-11 03:05 PM
    Mac Works as well.
    08-22-11 03:06 PM
    Medically retired sailor living on a pension. ANYONE willing to convince Americans to PAY MORE taxes so I can get a raise and afford a computer???!!!???...LOL...I'll wait...UGH...I already miss that keyboard...my 8530 screen is boring!!!!

08-22-11 03:15 PM
    I had a similar issues with google sync and backup assistant. I had to reload the OS.

I have both running on my 9930 with no issues whatsoever....weird..
    08-22-11 03:16 PM
    This morning I installed an application from AppWorld (wish I knew the name) that was meant to monitor memory and delete unused files to free up my memory. I did NOT need to. My 9930 WAS running GREAT. I'm NOT a newbie to BlackBerry. I'm NOT by ANY means an expert either...I BRICKED IT!!!...Error:102 please re-install software....UGH!!!...no PC...plus I'm disable so I would need to bug someone for a ride to the nearest VZW repair store...so after an hour with CS I'm sending my Bold back and getting a refund...I upgraded to the 9930 so VZW is setting my account BACK like I NEVER changed anything; to start ALL over...I'm on my 8530 again...UGH!!!...SOOO used to universal search...ANYHOO...heads up!!! (The app was FREE...called: SOMETHING.......pack) I WISH I KNEW THE FULL NAME!!!!!

why dont you just get a replacement phone? why are u ditching the 9930 all together?
    08-22-11 03:20 PM
    Cause this is a BS posting..
    08-22-11 03:24 PM
    Cause this is a BS posting..
    i figured that...i bricked my 9930 this morning going to .340. ofcourse i brought it back to life and its running smooooothhhhhh....
    08-22-11 03:25 PM
    You could have also used Safe Mode.
    08-22-11 03:27 PM
    I AM getting a replacement. Just a warning about AppWorld stuff. Maybe its MY phone. Who knows...NOT BS...just a general warning. The CS BB tech was SHOCKED it was an AppWord download. I'm NOT sure WHAT went WRONG. But its best to stick to the apps that folks KNOW work on OS7 (100%). FaceBook App is "ify"...just a heads up!!!

08-22-11 03:41 PM
    I AM getting a replacement. Just a warning about AppWorld stuff. Maybe its MY phone. Who knows...NOT BS...just a general warning. The CS BB tech was SHOCKED it was an AppWord download. I'm NOT sure WHAT went WRONG. But its best to stick to the apps that folks KNOW work on OS7 (100%). FaceBook App is "ify"...just a heads up!!!

Facebook App is not "iffy". It works perfectly well.
    Just curious, how did you transfer your data from the old BB to the new one if you don't have a PC?
    08-22-11 04:07 PM
    I used Backup Assistant for my #'s and just re downloaded my apps...no biggie...its gonna be FUN re-activated BerryWeather AGAIN!!!...lol...a NEW pin#!!!!

08-22-11 04:17 PM
    UPDATE: after going through all my old posts I see this one and had to LOL...a WEEK after returning my THIRD 9930 CrackBerry forums are FULL of complaints about the 9930...THEN...THE WEEK I LEAVE BLACKBERRY BEHIND...RIM announces software issues with the 9930...justifications can be SOOOOO sweet...HAHAHAHA!!!
    11-30-11 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD