I'm on 7.1.0.163 (official Verizon version) and have always seen the battery level reported suddenly drop from 100% to 92% (which I suppose is causing the overnight charge cycles.)

However since I installed the Seidio battery on Monday, the battery levels reported has been dropping erratically. For example I've seen levels from 85% to 50% in minutes or reach 10% in a couple of hours and stay there for majority of the day.

My question is whether the battery level reported will get more accurate over time?

(For reference, I have been using Tiny Meter to monitor battery level.)

The truth is the battery life seems excellent and the levels reported shouldn't be much of a concern as with the stock battery, I would usually make it from morning to night. I'm certain the Seidio extended battery will give me the buffer to ensure that even under difficult conditions that mid-day recharges should not be necessary.

Anyhow, just a curiosity as, regardless, my initial impressions of the Seidio battery are very positive.

Oh, and I rather like the added depth as I, too, find the phone easier to "hold" rather that just cradling it in my hand.
    I am having exactly the same problem. I am on the same Verizon OS version. The battery indicator does exactly the same thing. I had to send one battery back and I am now using the new one. Received yesterday. I charged it 12 hours. Took off at 630am. By 1030 am with virtually no use the level was down to 50 percent. Its now 440 pm and I have 20 percent left. Not good.

I wonder if it is the OS. Plus I read on nerdberry that when the reviewer asked seidio about the battery indicator they said it was inaccurate.

Device analyzer says no abnormal drain issues. And only thing running is the BB OS.

Doesn't make sense. Anyone else have anything to offer?
    07-13-12 04:44 PM
    I am having exactly the same problem. I am on the same Verizon OS version. The battery indicator does exactly the same thing. I had to send one battery back and I am now using the new one. Received yesterday. I charged it 12 hours. Took off at 630am. By 1030 am with virtually no use the level was down to 50 percent. Its now 440 pm and I have 20 percent left. Not good.

I wonder if it is the OS. Plus I read on nerdberry that when the reviewer asked seidio about the battery indicator they said it was inaccurate.

Device analyzer says no abnormal drain issues. And only thing running is the BB OS.

Doesn't make sense. Anyone else have anything to offer?
    changed my os last night and i was dropping about 10% an hr and i have been steady on 13% now. been streaming for about 2-3 hrs and hasnt budged from 13.

so i think it is os dependent because when i was running the os7.1 it was a little more blotchy on the sticking to numbers like my review said. was scaring me today because it had normal battery drain until like i said 13% for me.
    07-13-12 04:48 PM
    What OS are you running. I am on the. 163. That's the most current from Verizon. They are very slow. All the other carriers are way ahead. What can be done. Kind of crappy situation.
    07-13-12 04:55 PM
    What OS are you running. I am on the. 163. That's the most current from Verizon. They are very slow. All the other carriers are way ahead. What can be done. Kind of crappy situation.
    you are not behind. i am running the 7.0.573 we dont even have an os 7.1 yet.
    07-13-12 05:03 PM
    So on average how much more battery time do you guys get vs the Oem battery
    07-13-12 05:28 PM
    So on average how much more battery time do you guys get vs the Oem battery
    did you read my review above? i explained it in detail about usage.
    07-13-12 05:29 PM
    changed my os last night and i was dropping about 10% an hr and i have been steady on 13% now. been streaming for about 2-3 hrs and hasnt budged from 13.

so i think it is os dependent because when i was running the os7.1 it was a little more blotchy on the sticking to numbers like my review said. was scaring me today because it had normal battery drain until like i said 13% for me.

I was streaming with 31% at 2pm and it stayed streaming until 12am tonight. I pulled it off the charger at 7am this morning. The normal battery would die after 6hrs of streaming.
    07-13-12 11:29 PM
    How you installed 7.1 on the ATT 9900????

Thanks.
    07-13-12 11:35 PM
    How you installed 7.1 on the ATT 9900????

Thanks.

Look around on the forums. In short download a 7.1 for a any 9900 and delete the vendor xml file then load it.

Plenty of how to's on this site. Just use the search bar at the top of the page.
    fabio1 likes this.
    07-13-12 11:37 PM
    I purchased the Seidio 3000 Mah battery for my Sprint 9930. Not realizing that my Otterbox case would no longer fit! Simple solution I left off the rear half of the Otterbox case, put on the rubber enclosure & it worked! Case now fits well,& so does the beltclip. I now have great battery life & Otterbox protection.
    fabio1 likes this.
    07-14-12 07:50 AM
    One other good thing about this battery: Battery pull is so much easier :P
    07-14-12 09:48 AM
    One other good thing about this battery: Battery pull is so much easier :P

I never actually pull the battery. I do the 3 finger salute. But I do agree. The back is much easier to pull off than the oem. Lol
    07-14-12 09:49 AM
    did you read my review above? i explained it in detail about usage.
    There's loads of information in great detail on the usage of the extended battery...just not that much info on COMPARISON with the OEM battery e.g how many more incremental hours etc
    07-15-12 05:31 AM
    There's loads of information in great detail on the usage of the extended battery...just not that much info on COMPARISON with the OEM battery e.g how many more incremental hours etc

The days with the 60 hrs of usage I would normally go from 9am to 12am and be at 10%

So 15hrs opposed to 60 hrs.in that category.

Like I said up top with streaming radio all day. You can normally get about 6hrs before your battery is dead and I got 18.

It is all defendant upon your use but that's why I went into detail about what I did that day and what the battery was like.
    07-15-12 09:29 AM
    The days with the 60 hrs of usage I would normally go from 9am to 12am and be at 10%

So 15hrs opposed to 60 hrs.in that category.

Like I said up top with streaming radio all day. You can normally get about 6hrs before your battery is dead and I got 18.

It is all defendant upon your use but that's why I went into detail about what I did that day and what the battery was like.
    Ok, thanks!

I guess i'm gonna have to buy this battery then.
    07-15-12 04:29 PM
    Ok, thanks!

I guess i'm gonna have to buy this battery then.

You have to trust the battery. Like the other day I went from 100 to 16 percent before end of day. I streamed for like 12 hrs at 16% percent and it finally died.

Weird battery meter screweyness but it works.
    07-15-12 04:34 PM
    You rock, thanks for posting these pics!

I currently have two OEM batteries, getting tired of swapping them every day at around 3pm. It's also starting to wear on the battery door. I may just buy one of these knowing that it still works with the OEM dock.

My day to day activity usually involves streaming SiriusXM for 5 or so hours, couple hundred emails, non-stop BBM, 50 or so SMS messages. I think this battery is what I need.
    Please tell me how you stream SiriusXm. Last I looked there wasn't an app for the 9900. Thanks!
    07-15-12 05:13 PM
    Please tell me how you stream SiriusXm. Last I looked there wasn't an app for the 9900. Thanks!

I'm sorry just a habit of saying that because I have it on every other device I own. Lol.
    I meant to say nobex radio or pandora radio.
    jdelvalle56 likes this.
    07-15-12 05:16 PM
    I'm sorry just a habit of saying that because I have it on every other device I own. Lol.
    I meant to say nobex radio or pandora radio.
    He was actually quoting me

Just keep your eyes on the SiriusXM website
    07-15-12 05:38 PM

I have called and emailed Sirius dozens of times and I don't believe they have any plans to support os7. Thank goodness for my playbook bar file.

Glad to hear about your experience with the new battery. I will be purchasing one for travel.
    07-15-12 06:10 PM

Please elaborate........
    07-15-12 06:12 PM
    Can't elaborate much.

On an unrelated topic, I sure do like the case that came with the Dev Alpha and the OEM cradle for the 9900.
    07-15-12 10:52 PM
    Can't elaborate much.

On an unrelated topic, I sure do like the case that came with the Dev Alpha and the OEM cradle for the 9900.

Umm wow. Not to get off topic but I called them and the reps knew nothing about a 9900 app. If you would like to keep is confidential please PM me. I am very curious.

Ok and back to battery talk. Has this thread helped anyone decide whether or not to buy the battery? .
    07-15-12 11:09 PM
    Can't elaborate much.

Glad I could help you assist in buying 2 of these awesome batteries for the phone.

I'm positive you'll love them.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    07-15-12 11:57 PM
    It's seem look like to Moto StarTAC but it's not equal. Without NFC is too poor.
    07-16-12 04:03 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD